15

Chapter 15

"I got my first big order a day after meeting you. A little tiring because of the short notice but it's worth it. So thank you for being my luck." It's a good thing Damien is here to accompany me. He's probably the only normal person who is on my level.

"No need to thank me. You got the order because you bake well." I returned the praise to him.  I didn't want him to think that he did not achieve this milestone based on his own merit.

"Yeah. But also because you've got the right connections.

I just smiled politely as a response. It's more of a coincidence really because it was really Richard's connection. Speaking of which, I see them sitting at a nearby table busily engaging in a conversation that is probably about business while Andrea is beside him with her hands wrapped around his arm.

Good for him and I'm glad that someone actually managed to humanize him. I tried to determine what type of relationship they have but it seems like Richard adores that girl very much. I haven't seen him smile unknowingly to anyone and it's nice to see him be happy instead of being a grumpy bozo.

Oh shit! He caught me staring at them. I immediately diverted my gaze and went back to talking with Damien. When I thought that it was safe to have a glance, I twisted my head for a second and my eyes met with Richard. His expression was serious like he was scolding me for looking at something intimate so I did my best to avoid looking at their direction for the entire duration of the event. It was an entertaining party that I didn't even notice that four hours have passed until the host was bidding goodbye to everyone who attended the celebration.

Damien bid his farewell and gratitude to Andrea before leaving the venue. I had to approach Richard who appears to be drunk even though he's trying his best not to look like one. 

"Carl!" he calls my name with unnecessary exhilaration. "I was waiting for you!" his voice slurry.

"I'm afraid we have to go." I said. How many drinks did this man have?

"If you say so." he stood up but he flung his arm around my shoulder to have some balance. I have no choice but to wrap my arm around his back to his waist to offer additional support as we walk our way to the car.

"Where's the key?" I demanded. This would be the perfect time for me to finally drive the car because there is no way I would let a drunk driver take us home.

"In my pocket." he mumbled. I searched into his jacket pocket but no keys were found.

"Where?" I interrogated.

"Pants." he answered. I let out a groan and reached inside his pants pocket. I smiled awkwardly to the valet nearby as he observe me digging inside Richard's pocket. This is the first time that I'm not glad that men's pocket are deeper than women's because I can't seem to find the object I'm looking for.

"Am I in the right pocket this time?" I asked becoming increasingly annoyed from the situation.

He let out an uh-huh as a response. I dug deeper and I immediately froze when I grazed something that I shouldn't have touched. Richard went closer to me and whispered in my ear. "Not out here darling." he said. I instantly had a goosebumps when his warm breath came in contact with my neck but I pushed through with the task until I located the darn key in the deepest abyss of his bottomless pocket.

I threw the car key to the valet which he caught and he disappeared from our sight to pick up the car. Richard let his arm slide down from my shoulder until he reached my hips and leaned his body closer to me for additional support.

"Quit it Richard." I snapped.

"What? You started it." I can smell the alcohol from his breath.

"It was an accident!" I hissed back.