Chapter 40

"You sure you want to do this?" Amelia asked me as she helped me get dressed. My arm was still bandaged from the attack three days ago. I didn't lose a lot of blood, but I was mostly tired from running.

"Yes. I think it's time Damien knew." I said. Amelia had gotten Eudora back from Bryan's sister a few days ago. It didn't take much to convince her when she showed up holding his head.

"You want me to hold her?" She asked, picking up Eudora. She was asleep on the bed.

"Well, I can't." I laughed, looking at my arm.

"Of course." She chuckled. "Come on. Those smelly mutts are outside."

"Be nice! Those smelly mutts saved your butt. Remember?" I huffed as we made walked down the stairs of her beach house.

"I already told you! She caught me by surprise! I thought it was you!" She groaned, rolling her eyes at me.

"Well, you're alive because of them." I reminded her as we got to the bottom of the stairs. I took a deep breath, remembering what happened on this floor. But I'm glad Amelia had such a good cleaning service. There was no trace of Bryan's blood. I joked yesterday and asked her if she had licked the blood off the floor. She didn't find it amusing.

"I'll wait in here," Amelia said, sitting on the couch with Eudora.

I was nervous. Nobody except Amelia and I knew that Eudora was here. The last time I saw any of them was before the accident. Amelia's family were the ones who had taken care of me. Damien thought it was for the best.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. Damien, Amy, and Melissa were outside waiting for me.

Damien's eyes immediately lit when he saw me. The butterflies in my stomach were going wild.

"Nexy! Oh, my goddess! We missed you!" Amy shouted. She had tears in her eyes.

"I missed you guys as well. And uh- I think it's time I come out clean. About a lot of things." I took a deep breath, not knowing where to start.

"You don't have to. It's okay." Melissa said to me.

"It's fine. I should start with what I am." I sighed, looking at the floor. Amelia had helped me understand what I was a little better. "I am a Kuliltu, translates to mermaid princess. I found out weeks ago that my mother is the mermaid Queen."

"Oh my-" Amy began, but I stopped her again.

"Before you get too excited. Just know there is nothing unique about me. I am more human than a mermaid. I don't have cool powers or special abilities like they do. I can't even hypnotize people with my singing like my mom does." I chuckled. I've seen her use her singing a few times. It was pretty cool. "But that is what I am. It also turns out that my family was responsible for the death of your Lycan king, from what Amelia told me and what my mother mentioned."

"Guy was an asshole anyways," Amelia shouted from inside.

"Be nice, Amelia," I shouted at her. "I wish I could tell you more, but I don't know anything. I don't even know why my hair is red. Amelia said all royal family members have red hair, but that's it." I took a deep breath, not knowing where to begin with Eudora. "There is one person I do want to talk about."

"It's okay, Nexy. Bryan is gone. You don't have to talk about him." Melissa reassured me.

"It's not Bryan I want to talk about." I sighed, gesturing to Amelia to bring her out. "It's Eudora."

I stepped out of the doorway, and Amelia came out holding Eudora, who was now awake and chewing on her toy. I couldn't bring myself to look at Damien. I felt so ashamed, so instead, I kept my eyes on Eudora.

The Mermaids' MateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara