Chapter IV

The castle was massive, it definitely displayed all of the royal family's grandeur. Long rose vines twisted on the walls as if it was meant to be kept that way, it is quite impressive how it naturally grew to be such a splendor. But then again, people who held the power of blossoms is all in the emperor's disposal.

I hear the chattering of people from outside the large doors of this villa, most likely the mingling of teenagers trying to find a suitable partner. My siblings and I stood there, waiting for entry. Of course there was a huge line of people waiting to be let in, they get to see the Emperor this way.

We were second in line, as I thought, we weren't just waiting to be let in. We are waiting for the monster who brought us here.

Suddenly, I felt cold on my backside when I sensed a big body behind me. I glanced back and saw a blonde man with piercing green eyes, who never gave a look at the three of us there.

"Don't disappoint me." He said, his rough voice echoing through the yard. This man could be the end of it all for me, I have to get away as far as possible from him.

As soon as the large door opened, all stares gathered to our family. I stood with my head bowed down, making my hair hide my face. Until I felt a firm grip on my shoulder getting tighter and tighter.

Father muttered angrily, "Stand properly, you brat." And so she did, Callista straightened up, her auburn hair went out of the way revealing her beautiful face. The crowd was in awe.

"I never knew that Cassandra had such a beautiful sister." A woman murmured.

"Indeed." Another lady agreed.

The crowd was filled with whispers as the two sister's beauty filled the room. Callista expected the people to react this way, after all, because of the original her's lack of compliance, her beauty wasn't as extraordinary as back then.

Great work, Esther. She smiled to herself.

Cassandra, on the other hand, was turning green with envy. Everybody's eyes were on her little sister, not on her! She tried to not show her faltering smile and gladly walked forward.

"Presenting, Marquis Constantin and Marchioness Germaine Augestair with their heir and two heiresses." A welcoming fanfare enveloped the room. As I walked toward the hall, I felt someone's sharp gaze on me. I couldn't find it.

It felt... off.

Anyways, this party eventually starts at night, where the royal family is presented. In the meanwhile, people used this time to find whoever they are interested in and for ladies to be categorized in levels. Levels, in which if you are chosen to be a candidate to be the lucky bride of the prince.

In the original novel, my sister was chosen as one, but eagerly refused because of her being 'humble'. But of course, that wasn't her intention. For it was only to capture the young prince's attention more, who has already at the time, fallen for Cassandra. This manipulative snake not only rejected the Crown Prince's offer, she also had the nerve to seduce the gullible man.

In the end, it lead to the Crown Prince chasing for the girl, causing him to use and give up everything he has just to be with Cassandra. After that, he died in vain, resulting for this fantasy world to die with him.

Of course, now that I am here. I would not let that happen. I would be the one to cut this world's chain of distraction, one step at a time.

I just have to avoid something first. Being in a daze, I accidentally bumped at someone, causing them to shriek in displeasure.

I muttered in a small voice, "I apologize." and quickly walked away from the person.

"Who in the hell do you think you are!?" The girl screamed, causing a commotion. I was pulled backwards by the lady until I was faced by her. Damn, this weak body of mine.