Chapter V

TW: Sexual Harassment

Golden eyes pierced through me like a lost bullet, as if he is trying to familiarize himself with my eyes. Until, Linette screamed from the top of her lungs.

"The Crown Prince is looking at me, Brother." She jumped excitedly. Delusional girl. I glanced back at the Prince but his eyes weren't on me anymore, but at a certain blonde girl who was not even glancing at him. Cassandra felt the Prince's gaze at her yet continued healing Countess Bayreuth's blister.

The old woman thanked the girl, and praised her abilities. She smiled back. Yet the only thing in her mind was, 'The Crown Prince was staring at me just now. I can't believe he just saw me down on my knees in front of this old hag.'

Meanwhile, the two siblings behind me were still arguing with Linette complaining about me being the sister of Cassandra, who just insulted her greatly this afternoon.

"So you choose this snob than me? Your own sister?!"

"Not everything is about you, Linette."

"Still! Her sister greatly offended my being this afternoon!" I rolled my eyes and sighed silently.

"What does that have to do with My Callista!?" Ew. Just, ew.

"I am going to see that stupid bitch's face every single day!" Indeed you will, so please win this argument.

"What's so great about your whore anyways?!" Linette said, her fury filled indigo eyes pointed toward me. Of course, feigning ignorance, I looked down.

"She's... She's!" Leonelle paused. I'm so proud of you, My Lord.

"She's what? Answer me!?"

Leonelle sighed and turned to me. He was contemplating about his upcoming decision that he looked at the young girl with guilt.

"It seems that... I don't really quite." He paused, trying to capture Callista's emotions. But she continued not looking at him, and stood down.

"This might be the end of our matchmaking, My Lady." He immediately took me in his arms. This pervert. I pulled away and continued being ignorant. Leonelle felt quite heavy, yet he thinks that this girl really wasn't for him.

"I hope you'll find someone for you, Lady Callista." He smiled and bowed. Oh, I already did Leonelle. He then proceeded to walk away with Linette, who was giving me a snide smirk and turned away.

I sighed, relieved. Such a success! I then happily walked towards the aisle, ready to take a break. Until an announcement came again, the royal ball is about to start. Let's get this over with.

ו×

All taken ladies proceeded to excuse themselves from this event, the only one who can participate are single lords and ladies. I, for one, pushed myself into the ballroom. Nobody knows me in high society, which is why I might not get a partner.

But of course, I have my own ways.

The music began and the ballroom has split in 3 sets. The people who has no partners, the people who already has partners, and the crown prince, dancing with the first one who caught his eye. As expected, he chose Cassandra. But he can only dance with her for ten minutes until the next lady came in line. He was to chose six ladies who he personally chose to be interested in. Unfortunately, I was in the first layer, I didn't have nobody to dance with. It's time to improvise.

Everybody watched in awe as the ballroom dancers came and go. It was as if dews on a leaf were being joined together. But then, only one has caught the onlookers eye. A certain auburn haired girl who was dancing alone in the circle. She was as graceful as a swan, as elegant as a gem.