Ares is scared of a Tunnel of Love? Weird

Sorry for that wait I can explain in the end, but also thanks for the continues support! We past 70 votes that's insane! Thanks really and I know I sound like a broken record, still it's much appreciated! 

After making it on to the train, we all had a long chat about the obvious, the two white bird-like wings sprouting from my back. First though, remember when I said they felt like second nature? Well, I thought to myself how am I going to walk through the train doors without having to turn sideways or look awkward. You know the little cupid statues by fountains you see in around big popular areas. Yeah, my wings shrunk down to the size of the wings those little guys have.(They looked pretty cute don't tell anyone I said that)

Also my scarred body made the passengers a little uncomfortable, the conductor gave me a shirt for free. It was a grey shirt with dark blue sleeves, and on the front it read "I LOVE TRAINS" with a little train design tooting its horn. As much as I liked the shirt I did have Annabeth use her dagger and cut two holes on the back, so my wings could breath. I'm glad the mist is in affect or The other passengers would be freaking out. 

"The wings, how did you?" Asked Annabeth. Percy and Grover were also very attentive

"I was falling from the sky after the snake-tail of the Chimera smacked me with it's head, and as I free fell I heard my mom. She said something weird "Bring victory to yourself—" I paused it didn't make sense she said "gift I gave many years ago."

"And, what else did she say?" Asked Percy now

The others looked at me waiting for more as well, but if I said the rest would it make me sound like crazy or worse. . . I forced a smile

"That's it" 

Grover looked at me with worry in his eyes, I couldn't hide my true feelings with him around. He knew how I felt at the moment, he could sense the uncomfortable feeling swelling in my chest. He nodded 

"How are you even standing?" Percy asked

"What do you mean Percy?" Annabeth said

"Y/n was kicked by the Chihua-Chimera, he rolled and slide on the ground. I was sure I heard bones breaking" He starting poking at my chest checking for injuries, first off ow it did hurt, but not like a broken bones pain, more like a sore muscle still painful.

He was right though, I was spewing blood like packets of Ketchup being stepped on up earlier in the day. Sure, I was naturally fast when it came to healing. But this was a bit way too fast, then I remembered the steam coming off my body. Was it the heat from my wings that healed me or am I going crazy.

"I honestly don't know, but I am glad" I said 

"It makes sense The Goddess Nike has wings, it's in her symbol of power, no doubt she is your mother" Annabeth said. I sighed relieved that this was a way to move on from me. I was gaining a headache and was growing sleepier every second. She gave me my backpack and soon enough I fell asleep. Whatever these wings did to me really took everything out of me once the adrenaline went down. 

The next afternoon, June 14, seven days before the solstice, our train rolled into Denver. We hadn't eaten since the night before in the dining car, somewhere in Kansas. We hadn't taken a shower since Half-Blood Hill, and I was sure that was obvious 

 I was so tired still my body rejected getting up even when I needed to go the restroom. Still, I forced myself to wake up and go, obviously I don't want to have an accident. The trio could see how sluggish my movements were , even so my body was getting better with ever power nap I took.

Anyways we wandered through downtown for about half an hour, though I wasn't sure what Annabeth was looking for. The air was nice and warm(The others said it was dry and hot. Odd) Everywhere we turned, the Rocky Mountains seemed to be ready to fall like a tidal wave about to crush us and the city.