Percy Accepts Gifts From A STRANGER

(Art above is from a Youtube animator named WolfyTheWitch you should totally check out his Polyphemus Animatic. Or you could check out mircsy there both great.)

This sucks not only was I bruised and cut up but . . .

The way Tantalus saw it, the stupid birds had simply been minding their own business in the woods and would not have attacked if Annabeth and myself plus Tyson and Percy hadn't disturbed them with our bad chariot driving. 

This was completely unfair, and Percy being Percy told Tantalus to go chase a doughnut, which didn't help his mood. He sentenced all of us to kitchen patrol-scrubbing pots and platters all afternoon in the underground kitchen with the cleaning harpies. The harpies washed with lava instead of water, to get that extra-clean sparkle and kill ninety-nine point nine percent of all germs. Annabeth and Percy had to wear asbestos gloves and aprons.

Tyson and I didn't really mind the lava. Of course I didn't attempt to dip my hands like he did. I was careful and rotated the plates around and double dipped them. As for cups Tyson would take them from me and do himself. Annabeth and Percy were not having a great time as they were suffering from the heat for hours, dangerous work, especially since there were tons of extra plates. 

Tantalus had ordered a special luncheon banquet to celebrate Clarisse's chariot victory-a full-course meal featuring country-fried Stymphalian death-bird. How can they eat this stuff? . . . I skipped dinner tonight bleh.

The only good things about our punishment was that I got to talk to the big guy some more and it gave Annabeth and Percy a common enemy. And they had lots of time to talk about there little disagreement. 

Percy told us about his dream with Grover again, Annabeth looked like she might be finally starting to believe him. 

"If he's really found it," she murmured, "and if we could retrieve it-"

"Hold on," Percy said. "You act like this . . . whatever-it-is Grover found is the only thing in the world that could save the camp. What is it?"

"I'll give you a hint. What do you get when you skin a ram?" she asked

"Messy?"

I shook my head "A fleece, Percy" 

Annabeth sighed. "Y/n is right. The coat of a ram is called a fleece. And if that ram happens to have golden wool-" 

"The Golden Fleece. Are you serious?"

Annabeth scrapped a plateful of death-bird bones into the lava. "Percy, remember the Gray Sister? 

"You guys meet the gray sisters?" I asked "Is it true they only have one tooth and eye?"

They nodded "Have you not meet them?" Annabeth asked

"Nope never got the chance. Perseus, the old one. He told me he took their eye to make them talk and afterwards tossed it making them angry" I said with a chuckle. 

Annabeth and even Tyson looked at Percy who was just as shocked. I tilted my head in confusion. "What is it?"

"Percy took their eye for information too." she said.

I guess Perseus and Percy share a lot of similarities "And what did they say?"

"They said they knew the location of the thing you seek. And they mentioned Jason. They told him how to find the Golden Fleece. You do know the story of Jason and the Argonauts?" she asked looking at both me and Percy

"No, not really sorry. He wasn't a hero I traveled with since I was with Heracles then. Heracles wanted to take a break from his Labors, I believe it was after the fourth one. Jason was alright I guess we hardly spoke." I said carefully dipping another plate into the lava.