Who Hurt You?

Narrator POV

Ezra and Sara have had a complicated relationship since Sara came to the school Ezra picking on her from time to time nothing serious just a couple of snarky remarks here and there, but never did she ever think Ezra would protect her, never.

**************

Sara POV

Crap. I can't cover this up.

I said to myself as I looked at the black eye through the school  bathroom mirror.

Remind me never to piss off a jock ever again.

Well I guess I'm just going to wear a hood that should work right? Yeah it should.

I looked through my backpack maybe I had a hoodie in there I was about to lose hope until I looked through the biggest pocket to see a hoodie.

Thank god.

I put it on quickly as lunch was about to start and I surely didn't want to be late it was one of the only times in the day I actually looked forward to.

As I finished zipping up the hoodie I heard the Bell from outside the door just in time I thought as I pulled up my hood, grabbing my backpack, leaving the bathrooms, lastly entering the halls.

I pushed through the crowd of people finally making it inside the cafeteria, quickly setting down my thing, and run to the lunch lines.

Today was pizza day if I'm not mistaken.

After I got my pizza I sat down at my table and began eating but then I felt someone's hand on my shoulder, I knew who it was.

Ezra.

"Well if it isn't the nerd, enjoying your pizza?" She asked slightly touching my face making me flinch catching her attention.

"I barely touched you, why did you flinch?" She asked looking down at me meeting my eyes making her eyes widened, shocked.

"What happened to you?" She asked her voice unreadable as she looked at me.

"It's nothing." I replied as she looked at my face unable to see the full damage.

Without warning she grabbed my hand gently pulling me along getting me to stand up and pulled me out of the cafeteria and into the nearest bathroom closing the door behind her.

"Take off your hood." She said, confusing me.

"What?"

"You heard me, take. Off. The. Hood." She repeated as I started to get nervous.

"I don't want to." I replied keeping my head down, out of her view.

She walked closer to me making me step back for every step she took towards me until I hit the restroom walls.

Then slowly she took off the hood taking a breath in as she took in the look of me physically.

"Who did this to you?" She asked her voice unreadable confusing me.

"Huh?"

"Who the hell hit you?" She asked again her voice holding anger.

"I can't tell you." I said making her eyes widen as she gently lifted my face with her thumb.

"Sara who ever did this needs to pay for what they have done, they hurt you, caused you pain." She said softly.

"I need to make sure they never, EVER hurt you again." She said making me met her eyes.

"Why do you care?" I asked making her eyes go wide as she pulled me close, shocking me completely.

"I may tease you and try to push your buttons once and a while but never ever think I don't care about you, do you hear me?" She said quietly as I nodded.

"Words Sara." She said.

"Yeah, I hear you." I replied making her smile as she rubbed my face lightly making me melt into her hands.

"It was the jocks." I said making her hum as she continued to rub my face softly.

"I'll get it taken care of." She said pulling me into a hug squeezing tightly before pulling away.

"If this ever happens again tell me, I don't care where I am or who I'm with come and get me please." She said as I nodded making her raise an eyebrow.

"Oh um.. I'll remember that for next time." I said as she smiled.

Then I heard the bell making her look at me and then KISSED MY CHEEK!

"You better get to class don't wanna ruin your attendance." She said jokingly as I stood there shocked.

"Come on let's get going." She said smiling as she grabbed my hand letting me out of the bathroom first, then she followed closely behind.

As one thought came to mind.

What just happened?