Wasn't me.

So, folks, I'm going to start tinkering with your memory now. I'm working on Year 7, and gosh, it's been quite enjoyable to write. I hope that when it's released, you all like it.

This chapter has a part 2. Good reading.

(...)

She was boiling with anger. The blasted mansion was infested with ill-mannered Death Eaters, who seemed to have forgotten basic etiquette in some filthy hole. And to make matters worse, the noseless wretch was acting as if he owned the place.

Noctua had insisted that she stay at Malfoy Manor, away from the mess surrounding the Gaunt residence. That only made her more irritated, as in her fervor to avoid contact, she barely even saw her mother. To make matters worse, she needed to get her hands on the dark books, which, to her misfortune, were in the damn Manor's library. It was a true nightmare dodging all the curious looks, but finally, with a lot of effort, she managed to reach the books she needed.

Her fingers trembled as she held the forbidden volumes. One of them promised to help her fix the magical cabinet in the Room of Requirement, but she preferred not to dwell too much on the consequences that the success of Draco's mission would bring. Now, her focus was on Draco; she needed to protect him at all costs and ensure that everything went well until Snape found a solution. With a little hope, she might also find something against Voldemort.

When she returned to Malfoy Manor, she practically locked herself in the library, eager for answers. She researched, studied, read, reread, and scribbled feverishly. Draco was the first to find her, her face buried in books. In his eyes, she saw a mixture of sadness and gratitude. They sat together in front of the fireplace, burning silently, the crackling of the flames the only sound filling the room as Draco selected some books for himself.

"Do you think he's suffering in Azkaban?" Draco suddenly asked, his gaze avoiding Cassi's eyes, looking deeply troubled.

"I won't lie... I've heard terrible things about that place," Cassi sighed. "But I think Lucius might even be relieved to be away from Voldemort's fury."

"How are you feeling?" She asked gently.

Draco fell silent for a moment as he looked at the fireplace.

"I just want to protect my family, Cassi, make them proud," he sighed with a sob. "I just... I wish I could have a normal life. If I didn't have you..."

Cassiopeia got up to hug him. "You'll always have me, ferret boy," she said affectionately. "Who else will keep me from floating away?" she joked, trying to bring a bit of lightness.

"Well, there's Pansy," Draco replied, a shy smile appearing on his lips as he let out a chuckle.

"You got the point," Cassi sighed.

"I'm tired, Cassie. What if I fail? I wanted him to be proud of me," he confided with a mix of sadness and frustration.

"Listen... Lucius is a fool if he never told you how amazing you are. It might not be the same... I would give anything to hear that from my father, but... I'm proud of you. I believe you'll be the best mediwizard in this country, with the most beautiful hair," he tried to cheer him up, smiling affectionately.

Draco looked at him for a moment and then laughed, a genuine smile lighting up his face.
"Thank you."

"Always,"

He glanced at the ring Narcissa had given him the previous night. A broad smile formed on his face.

"You're in love with her, aren't you?" Draco asked with a playful look, still smiling. "I've known for a long time, my mother explained about the soul bond... It was complicated to understand, you know? But... I never told you how good it is to see you smile."