Chapter 4

Kalisto's (POV)
It was about 20mins after everything happened. I saw the black Tahoe. I camouflaged the license plate on the car so they didn't get a tag on us.

I took down my high pigtails as well Rai taking down his high pony. I used out brush that was in the glove box to brush down our hair.

Rai cracked the windows open to get more of a breeze in the car as we switched lanes for our exit. I see the black tahoe, drive past us as we get off taking a side road that welcomed us to Colorado Springs.

Rai signed,"almost there finally!" I laughed cause literally who sends undercovers on special tasks.

I felt Rai shift in energy, he's definitely anxious about these new guys we're going to be paired with. I hope they ain't assholes or homophobic.

We don't need that type of negativity & toxic behavior. Especially since it's 2038. Those thoughts get old. We turned into this run down gas station.

Rai signed he'd vape a bit to settle his anxiety. Which is understandable. We're protective of each other like that.

He walks off and hearing the crunching of his boots has a settle gentleness to it that can be bone shattering. 

About 5mins later, "you ready to go?" I asked. He said,"this place is disturbing. I never seen so many used rusted bikes in my life." I just smirked.

I drove the rest of the way cause I was in the mood to drive.

It was about another 5mins later & we saw our first car accident that involved 2 trucks 1 car & 1 suv. Crazy is all I can tell you.

Once we got to the station Rai decided to change the energy patterns of the weather so the clouds opened up around the city & elsewhere.

Let's hope when we meet these guys they're respectful. I parked the car a ways away from the building.

The wind picked up a bit and blew a breeze through our hair. We grabbed our bags headed towards station.

Rai lead us cause he felt the energy of our arrival. We got plenty of double takes. Rai didn't care to notice but I definitely did.

Once we made it to their Sheriff's office. Rai opened the door to both men and the stations Cap. They greeted us surprisingly warm.

They both were tall in person. The gentleman from Texas greeted Rai then locked eyes on me. The gentleman from Saudi Arabia greeted me & then he locked his eyes on Rai who didn't look in his direction.

Told you he was going to have a field day. The guy that was eyeing Rai. He's definitely 6'4. "How do you do," he said in his accent.

Rai looked over at me frowned a bit. He signed back to him. I didn't think so going too. The guy gaps,"you're mute?"

Rai had a sheepish grin & nodded. The guy from Texas even looked over at my bestfriend. "Are you reading lips or can you hear us?"

He tried to sound respectful at least. The Cap of this station knew us through our Cap back home. They were definitely intrigued.

Rai closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he spoke the Cap here even had to get up. "I'm a selective mute, I don't really like talking besides at home." He said.

Everyone except me knows what it's like to feel comfort in hearing Rai's voice. Their eyes couldn't believe that he spoke after just signing.

"Nice to meet you both, I am Vok." The gentleman from Saudi said. "And I am Taogjin," the gentleman from Texas said. Their accents are everything.

I spoke,"I am Kalisto." Rai had signed his name out. They all looked confused. "That is Rai," I said. Vok couldn't get enough of looking at Rai.

Same goes for Taogjin looking at me.

"Well since everyone knows each other let's get down to business," the Cap said.