Back to Business

Haku had just finished a run, part of her rehabilitation training here at the butterfly mansion. Her wounds were not severe and she had healed in just a few days. Word was Uzui healed even faster, perhaps due to her blood. Both Uzui and Haku had sent word to Kagaya about her blood, and Haku made sure to include Tamayo in her report. While Kagaya agreed allowing Muzan to catch her could bring disaster, having her on the battlefield and making use of her blood was far more beneficial. Each Hashira was given a small vial of her blood to use in an emergency. Haku was now waiting for Rengoku to fetch her. She saw the flame haired hashira as soon as he opened the gate. She rushed out towards him. "Kyojuro! Hi!" She greeted him. Rengoku looked at her, his face serious. He then gathered her in his arms in a big hug. "I'm glad you are safe. When we heard an upper moon was involved, I was worried. I was the farthest away and I could not make it to you. I'm sorry." Haku was stunned for a moment then gently returned his embrace. "It's alright Kyojuro. Uzui took good care of me, and even tried to have us leave before the battle." They held each other for a moment before Haku pulled away. "Let me get my things and say bye to everyone." She trotted off into the mansion. She changed from her clinic clothes back into her uniform and attached her katana to her side. She headed into the clinic room where Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Tanjiro were. "So they still aren't awake?" Haku asked Zenitsu, looking over Tanjiro and Inosuke. Zenitsu shook his head. "Not a peep from either of them. My legs are doing better though." Haku walked over to Zenitsu and hugged him. "That's great. Write to me when they both wake up, okay." Zenitsu was on cloud nine to have a girl hugging him. "Of course Haku. I will write to you every day!" Haku let go and laughed. "You don't have to go that far, Zenitsu.' She waved Aoi and the three little helpers and returned to Rengoku. "Alright Kyojuro, let's go home!" she shouted out. "Yes! Home indeed." Rengoku agreed. He liked the way Haku said 'home' like she would be staying with him forever.

They were only home a few days before a crow brought word they would be heading out. Rengoku and Haku would be meeting with Gyomei and Genya who was training under Gyomei. Haku was rather excited to see the blind hashira in action, but was a little nervous about Genya. He was ultimately a sweet cinnamon roll now, but he was a bit violent a few years ago. He was also subconscious about his fighting style. The group met up at a tea house in the village near the demon location. Haku sat down across from Genya, and Rengoku sat next to her across from Gyomei. Haku was first to speak. "Hello. I'm Namikaze Haku. Please just call me Haku." Gyomei nodded. "Yes. Your blood was given to us for emergencies. I cannot believe a being with such blood exists." Haku smiled. "Me either." Rengoku agreed. "Strange indeed. Now then. Let's discuss the demon. People from this village have been going missing after visiting the local shrine." Genya waved his hand. "Isn't the shrine patron a marriage god?" Gyomei nodded. "Indeed. I say we Have young Haku and Genya play as a couple seeking blessings. The demon should come out then." Rengoku was quick to interject. "Why young Genya over me a hashira?" Gyomei folded his hands. "I do apologize, but you give off quite a strong presence and I fear the demon will pick up on that." Genya was red as a tomato. "I can't pretend to be marrying her. It's not appropriate!" Haku was slightly flushed herself, but more so at Rengoku's denial. "Well, I have to agree with Gyomei, it is our best bet." The group came to an agreement and waited for nightfall.

Night came and Haku walked with Genya at her side. The boy was stiff as a board. Haku gently grabbed his hand, and Genya nearly jumped. "Loosen up. We have to act the part. I don't bite. Hard." she teased. Genya laughed a little, relaxing slightly. "Yeah, I guess you're right. So um.. What's with your blood anyway?" The two continued to head to the shrine, Gyomei and Rengoku were following close by. "Well during the battle with upper moon six, Uzui drank some of my blood by accident and it increased his strength immensely. Not to mention it's blue and smells like flowers." Genya blinked, rather shocked. "Now that's kinda weird for sure. Wonder if it's the same for demons?" Haku became lost in thought. If Tamayo's experiments were right, it would unless the blood was heated or exposed to the sun. she was going to answer, but they had reached their destination. Haku tossed a coin into the offering bin. '"Please bless our marriage." Genya was frozen and red again. Haku nudged him with her elbow. "Ah, yes! Please bless my marriage to this ethereal beauty!" Haku was the one red now. Genya looked down at her. "I- uh—- please don't take that the wrong way." Suddenly, the shrine doors burst open and several demons appeared. Great, a whole clan of them had shacked up together. Gyomei and Rengoku appeared from their hiding places. Genya readied his gun.