Wind Pillar Training

Haku was heading to her first pillar training with Sanemi. She had no idea what happened the other day. Kyojuro and Akaza both refused to say anything other than she had defeated the demon and then slept for a day due to its blood demon art. She had done some more training with Akaza last night, and determined her best bet was to use her breathing technique Rokkon Shojo only in an emergency. The technique allowed her to see the world the way Yoiichi did, and fight like a slayer with an awakened mark without awakening her own. She rubbed the spot where her mark was on her neck. Not once had it awakened. Rokkon Shojo had its downside though. It fatigued her greatly, leaving her practically unable to move, and she could only sustain it for about 5 minutes, less if she used more breathing techniques with it and only a minute if she used Inyodo. Plenty of time to dispatch most demons, but a glass cannon nonetheless. She had hoped training with Akaza would allow her to combat the downsides, but no luck so far. She needed to be able to use it more if they were to have any chance against the remaining upper moons. She wanted everyone to live, and that would not happen if she could not contribute at a skill as high or higher than the greatest hashira. Thinking of all of her friends dying like they did in the manga made her stomach churn. She slapped herself and sped up her pace. The only thing she could do was train her butt off. There was typically a routine for pillar training, but Kagaya and the other hashira thought it would be best she move around to whichever hashira was less encumbered at the time.

When she arrived at Sanemi's he was busy pounding a large group of slayers. When he saw Haku he stopped. "Alright this is the one and only break you'll ever get!" all the slayers flopped onto the ground while Sanemi headed over to Haku. "Yo. Ready to actually fight me this time." Haku smiled. "Oh come on, last time was right after I got my butt kicked by upper moon 2." Sanemi scoffed and pointed to the training yard. "Get ready and come out to die with the rest of the losers." Haku took her things inside and grabbed a wooden sword. She headed into the yard of flying slayer bodies. This was gonna suck. She took a deep breath and ran into the fray. Sanemi honed in on her instantly. Haku blocked his oncoming attacks. In fact, he seemed slower than she remembered. Her eyes followed every move as she blocked them one by one. Eventually all the other training slayers backed off, watching in amazement as the two went one on one. "Sanemi, don't hold back on me ok!" Sanemi looked pissed, and his movement speed increased. Haku was still able to block the blows. Did training with Akaza produce results even though she felt she had failed? Haku twisted her body and went over Sanemi. She swung her sword and managed to connect with his side. Sanemi jumped back with an amused grin. The group of slayers erupted with awe. "Not bad Haku. But how will you handle this? Sanemi unleashed his breathing style on her. Haku managed to block the attack, but her sword snapped and she went flying, landing a few feet away. Haku sat up and sighed. So much for kicking butt. Sanemi walked over to help her up. "Not bad. We could go all out on one another! It'd be fun!" Haku put her arms in an X. "Nope. Don't have a death wish." Sanemi smirked and turned to the rest of the slayers. "Who said you nincompoops could rest!" He rushed at them, sending bodies flying all over the place.

Haku was walking through the estate when she came upon Genya and Sanemi. Genya was reaching out towards his brother who was telling him to screw off. Oh crap. Tanjiro was supposed to deal with this, though it did not work out. Maybe it was part of the fate she could change. "But...I even ate demons." Genya pleaded. Haku had not even a second to react. She just managed to get Genya out of the way before he had his eyes poked out by Sanemi. Haku looked down to see Genya blushing, having Haku on top of him. "H-Haku-san! Thanks but.." Haku jumped up and turned to Sanemi who was clenching his fists ready to practically kill Genya. "Sanemi stop! Listen to Genya!" Sanemi raised his fists. "Haku, I'm only gonna say this once. Get out of the way." Haku widened her stance and dug her heels into the ground. "Not until you listen to Genya! He became a slayer just to talk to you!" Sanemi was on top of Haku in an instant, slamming her into the ground. Haku wrapped her legs around his waist and twisted her body, slamming him into the ground. "He never meant to call you a murderer!" Sanemi's rage stopped. Genya, who had come to try and grab Haku, froze. Haku was crying, tears spilling out and landing onto Sanemi, who had now sat up and had Haku in his lap. "You- You may only have this one chance to listen. We might die fighting Muzan. So- so- Just listen!" The two brothers were looking at one another in shock and confusion. Sanemi softened a little and pat Haku on top of the head. "Alright, fine. I'll listen." Genya smiled, happy his brother would finally listen to him and Haku wiped her eyes.

Haku gathered her things and started heading out to her next pillar training with Gyomei. She knew this one would be a struggle, but she refused to give up. Just as she was getting started out, she heard Sanemi call her name. She turned to the wind hashira. "Haku, listen. I just... I want to thank you for what you did." Haku smiled at Sanemi who then pulled her into a hug. Haku was a little shocked, but she returned the hug. After a few moments, she they parted and Haku was off. She had made it quite a ways by late afternoon. She was passing through the remote countryside, and not a lot of homes were around. A woman's screams caught her attention. She turned and ran towards their location, a little house on the mountainside. Was a demon in there? It was still daylight! If it was a demon, they were cocky. The home was nestled in a crevice of the mountain and heavy tree cover surrounded it, making it dark even in daylight. Paradise for a demon seeking refuge from the sun. She opened the door and drew her sword. "Well now, it's my lucky day." Chills went down her spine as she recognized the voice. Douma