10 ● Shock the world baby

Chapter ten narrative, Instagram

Chapter ten
narrative, Instagram

Its been three month since paige tore her acl and we have a game today we play our fourth game of the season and with my best friend and someone i click with on the court out with injury this is gonna be really hard.

Good news is that paige finally doesnt need crutches and is walking pretty good after her surgery and her rehab is going great.

I board the team bus with my headphones on, not wanting to break my focus. Only for that focus to be broken when my favourite minnesotan player sits next to me with that toothless smile i’ve grown to love on her face. Paige grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers together, helping calm my nerves i thought i was hiding well. i exhale and sit back into the seat, somewhat relaxing. I go on my phone for a moment when i receive a text in a group chat with my best friends Lou and Dorka.

Stella 🌟: I see you over there getting cozy with Paigey 👀

Short kid 🧍: idk what ur talking

BFG 💂‍♀️: don’t act like there’s nothing going on between you too 😳

Short kid 🧍: she's helping my calm my nerves that's all

I turn around to the two girls sitting together and they make kissy faces at me and i roll my eyes. Paige asks me if everything is okay and i tell her that Dorka and lou are just being annoying. About 40 minutes later, the bus pulls up to the airport and we all get ready to jet of to Orgoen for a game, I sit down in my designated sit on the plane and start getting my book and earphones out when i feel someone sit next to me. i look up and see that it’s once again paige.

“You just can’t seem get away from me, can you?”

“Maybe I want to be here”

That made me blush slight as paige got out her things before putting her bag in the overhead compartment. Doing so, it causes her shirt to rise up slightly and i catch a glimpse of the point guards abs. My cheeks redden as i bury my head in my book as paige sits down and buckles in.

“Like what you see?” She whispers in my ear and i don’t say anything, just smile slightly. i feel the plane start to go and i grip the arm rests so tightly, my knuckles begin to turn white. My eyes close as i feel the plane getting faster and as we start to ascend, i feel a hand intertwine with mine. Paige gives my hand a squeeze and looks at me with that smile i’ve me grown to love. I thought paige would let go of my hand but she didn’t and I am perfectly okay with that. As the plane started to descend, Paige squeezed my hand again to help calm my nerves. The team starts to leave the plane and make their way to the baggage claim area where paige doesn’t leave my side. As we all wait for the bags, paige decides to make a bold move and rests her head on my shoulders while her arms are loosely around my waist. i just know my group chat with dorka and lou are going to bombarded with messages.