11 ● Best golpher ever

Chapter elevennarrative

Chapter eleven
narrative

It's been a week since me and paige kissed on the court after I scored the game winner and the next day we talked about it and decided to go on a date and I made the stupid decision to let paige choose the place.

"Paige... why are we at a golf course?" my eyebrows perked up into a frown as the blonde pulled into a random golf course in connecticut. She chuckled and shot me a smirk and turned off the car.

"Well where else does one play golf?" Paige scoffed. I rolled my eyes, now when Paige had told me this morning that she was dragging me to a golfing place I certainly did not expect a REAL golf course. "P, I thought you meant mini golf! You can't expect me to get muddy Paige! I'm wearing my favorite dress! And I don't even know how to play golf. When I go with cait i just sit and let her play by herself" Now it was her turn to roll her eyes at me.

"Okay three things lani, one how would you get muddy-" i cut her off,

" because paige it literally just rained yesterday and if you can't tell half of the golf course is dirt which means when i go to swing or you do it could possibly splash mud on me!" she shook her head and did actually take a good look at the course.

"Whatever. and two you shouldn't have worn a dress in the first place and three your in luck lani because i happen to be better than caitlin so just be quiet and let's go." she walked to the other side of the car and opened the door.

"so chivalrous." i smiled as she bowed mockingly before slinging an arm over my shoulder, locking her car and walking the two of us over to the clubhouse.

"so, up for 18 holes then?" paige asked casually and my eyes widened in shock as we arrived to reception.

"18?!"

"two passes for the driving range please, two hour session." paige smiled politely, sliding her membership card over the counter to the older woman who nodded, clicking away at her computer as i sighed in relief and pinched at her arm unappreciative of her teasing. the receptionist explaining where everything was as well as pointing out the rules and behavioral expectations whilst at the range paige nodded, only half listening before she thanked the older woman and pulled you away.

"i don't know how you've convinced me into this, i happen to hate golf." i admitted honestly as the two of us arrived in our area, setting our things down on the small lounge as paige eyed up the clubs.

"you know its a crime to say those disgustingly hateful words here yeah?" paige hummed as she ran her fingers over a nine iron, pulling it out with a satisfied nod.

"its a boring sport for boring rich old men with nothing better to do." i shrugged, taking a seat on the lounge as paige shot me a look.

"well boring old rich men and ego driven basketball players who can't just be good at one sport and be satisfied with that." i teased as paige tee'd up a ball.