foreign.

A/N: posting this quickly before internet fails. will fix errors soon.

Clark gets up at 6 AM. He wants to get a reasonable amount done today, but leave enough time for Bruce to get to know Kara before she has to head back to National. So, Clark reluctantly peels himself away from a sleepy looking Bruce and starts getting dressed. He can feel eyes on his back, but he refuses to turn around until he's done.

He knows just one look will have him contemplating his decision.

Clark assumed that Bruce would just watch him until his eyes finally closed again and he drifted back off. Instead, he turns to see that Bruce has sat up in bed with a blanket wrapped around his shoulders, watching Clark as if he's waiting for something. He sits patiently, allowing Clark to sit on the side of the bed and pull on his boots before he quietly scoots forward a bit.

Clark turns just in time to see the tiniest of head tilts.

Honestly, Clark's not even sure the average human would've noticed the difference, but it's there. Just the slightest angle change; just enough for Clark to understand.

Clark stands up from the edge of the bed and leans over to press his lips against Bruce's. He intends the kiss to be chaste, sweet, short. He can feel the grip Bruce has on his button-up before he even moves to pull away.

Clark can't help himself, letting out a quiet hum before going back in for seconds.

Bruce doesn't loosen his grip.

"I gotta go. Kara's waiting on me." he mutters against Bruce's lips.

He knows his words are falling on deaf ears as Bruce moves to snuggle into Clark's neck.

Clark could just crawl back into bed, pretend like he overslept, worry about whatever sass Kara would give him about it later. However, he doesn't want to procrastinate starting on the house. It's something Bruce wants enough to actively let Clark know and Clark wanted to make sure he got it.

So, he pulls himself away and turns to head downstairs. About halfway down the staircase, he realizes he's being followed. He doesn't turn around, not wanting to embarrass Bruce, but he can't help but hone in on the sound of his timid footsteps as he trails behind Clark.

The only thing that managed to distract him from the quiet 'taps' was a knock at the front door. It's Diana. She's standing at the door with a small, black expensive-looking suitcase in one hand and a puppy in the other. 

"Alfred asked me to drop this off." That is the only explanation she gives before handing over the suitcase and placing the puppy down next to Clark's feet. 

'Binny', as Robin so lovingly calls her, rushes over to Bruce as if she hasn't seen him in months. He scoops her up without hesitation, humming as he pets her. She's dressed in a tiny, dark grey puppy sweater with a little, silver name tag dangling from the collar around her neck. Bruce doesn't seem even remotely surprised by the outfit as if he'd picked it himself. 

"Thank you." Clark mutters, ignoring the knowing grin on Diana's face at the sight. 

She gives a nod before glancing over at Clark.

"Now if you'll excuse me, it's my turn to make sure Metropolis is still standing."

Bruce isn't sure how he got roped up into Martha's grocery shopping trip, but here he is trekking along behind her. She's just like Clark when it comes to friendliness, greeting everyone they pass by before gesturing over to Bruce and introducing him as if it's essential that the residents of Smallville know who he is.