3

Murtasim's work pressures is much less now.He is talking to his team members. His hands stroked his beard as he spoke.Rohail is closely monitored.Not an iota of faith since yesterday's incident.Don't know when he falls gazing on his lover again.He is quiet because of the situation.Murtasim directed his laptop towards Rohail.Once he looked at laptop and then Murtasim.

Murtasim:Mujhe jana tha is jaga pe lekin mein nahi jaa paunga.Lekin meri taraf se tum chali jana Bakhtu ke sath.Kya karna hai sare information yaha hai.

Rohail just looks at him. Bakhtu is Murtasim's trusted man.Murtasim never sent Rohail on any of his errands.Rohail feels a little different today because suddenly Murtasim sent him somewhere behalf of him.Hard to believe it.Still says with a polite smile;

"Ok Sir."

Murtasim is seeing Rohail in one glance. Says in a serious tone;

"Kuch garbar nahi honi chahiye Rohail warna tumhare liye accha nahi hoga."

It is clear from the conversation that Murtasim is very angry about what happened yesterday.Rohail is determined that he never ever gives attention to that girl. He shakes his head with fearing eyes.Then he and Bakhtu leave together to go to that place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everyone is chatting after dinner.Meerab sits next to her father Waqas Khan.It was twelve o'clock at night but nobody finished talking. Everyone laughs at Maaz's funny words.All his nonsense talk.Murtasim comes home at 12:30 am.Laughter is heard in the house. Soon it seemed that everyone might be busy with chatting. He thought he would freshen up first then join there.Murtasim stepped out of his room and went to joined his family.As soon as they saw him, everyone fell silent.

"Kiya hua sab kiya baten kar rahe the?"

Murtasim asked while looked at everyone.

"Aap ki shaadi ki baat ho rahe the Murtasim bhai."

Maaz said by mistake.

Murtasim frowned at him and he bitten his tongue.

"Ha beta Murtasim aab tum bhi shadi kar hi lo aur ghar basalo apna."

Anwar Khan said.

Meerab listening to them attentively and thinking Marriage and this unromantic grumpy man?May Allah bless that girl who will be his wife.

Murtasim runs his hand through his hair.Once he looked at his girl then takes away the gaze.

"Kuch der aur sabr kar le."

Salma Khanam sighs and said;

"Pata nahi woh din aayega kab?"

"Aa jayega maa woh bhi bohot jald."

Maaz asked;

"Aap ki koi girlfriend hai Murtasim bhai?"

Murtasim started coughing after hearing his questions.Meerab hits Maaz's head why ask it infront of elder.

"Bol do Murtasim koi pasand hai tumhe?"

Anila asked him.

Salma khanam matching the tone with her and said;

"Koi pasand hai to bata do hume.Hume bhi tasalli ho taki hum khamkha mein majid ladki nahi dekhenge."

Murtasim first looked at Meerab then glanced at his mother and said;

"Hai koi mujhe pasand.Jab waqt aayega bata dunga.Aap rishten bhej dijiyega."

Salma khanam feels relieved that finally his son finalised a girl for himself.She was worried about his marriage.Haya noticed Murtasim's gaze on Meerab.She secretly pinched her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pata hai Meerab aaj jab Murtasim bhai ko shadi ke bare mein sawal kiya woh bar bar tumhe hi dekh rahe the.Woh bar bar tumhe kyun dekh rahe the?"

Meerab turned to Haya to heard his words.She feels annoyed.What happened if he looks at her?Haya thinks nonsense.She pulls blankets from Haya.Meerab says very annoyed tone;

"Chor na kaisi baten leke beith gayi hai.Dekh rahe the to konsi bari baat ho gayi.Woh sab ke taraf bhi dekh rahe the.Tumhari taraf bhi."

Haya says with great interest;

"Meerab woh tumhari taraf kuch alag nazar se hi dekh rahe the.Iska matlab janti ho?"

"Kya?"

"Woh Shayed tumhe pasand karte hai aur shadi ke baat bhi tumse kar rahe the."

Meerab looked at Haya with wide eyes.As soon as she heard the word,she fell from the sky.She thinks Haya must have gone mad.Seriously can't accept that! Where is she and where is Murtasim.

"Haya meri behen mein samaj sakti hu.Naurez ki ishq mein tum pagal ho chuke ho is liye aise baten kar rahe ho.Woh kisi aur ladki ki pasand karte hai aur woh ladki mein nahi hu.I think unka kisi ke sath chakkar hai."

Haya thinks differently.Immediately says-

"To bar bar tumhari taraf dekhne ki wajah kiya hai."

Meerab took a deep breath. Who will explain to crazy like Haya?She have habit of screaming without understanding anything.Meerab sat up from laying.

"Dekhne se hi kuch hota hai kya Haya.Pagal mat ban.Take it normally.Aur khuda ke waste mujhe sone de."

Meerab pretends to sleep but inside she recalls the gaze of Murtasim then remembering his words in the terrace.She stops his thoughts.It is better to sleep without thinking about these irrational things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meerab helping Salma khanam in the kitchen.She continuously thinks about Haya's words and Murtasim's gaze on her.She also has interest to know about that girl whom murtasim chose for himself.She asked Salma khanam causally;

Meerab:Taijaan Murtasim bhai sach mein kisi ko pasand karte hai?
Salma:Baton se to yehi laga.
Meerab:Kon hai woh?
Salma:Pucha tha maine lekin bola sahi waqt mein bolega.Tum kyun puch rahe ho Meerab kuch janti ho kya us ladki ki bare mein.
Meerab:Nahi to taijaan.Mujhe bas yakeen nahi aaya Murtasim bhai jaise shaksiyat bhi kisi ko pasand kar sakte hai.Is liye pucha yeh sach bhi  hai ya nahi.
Salma:Mujhe bhi yakeen nahi aaya.Lekin Accha hai na kisi ko pasand to kiya.Shadi bhi kar hi lega.Warna mujhe to dar satati thi kya pata puri zindegi politics ko leke hi para rahe aur ghar na basai.Aab tasalli hui mere bete ka bhi koi pasand hai.

Meerab thinks something.Salma khanam left from the kitchen and Murtasim entered there.

"Bohot interested ho tum uske bare mein janne ke liye jo mere dil ki malika hai."

Meerab raised her head and smaller her eyes.

"Aisi baat nahi hai.Maine aise hi puch liya."

He comes near to her and stands lean on the wall.

"Usko janti ho tum.Shayed pehchanti bhi ho.Bas samaj nahi pa rahe."

She gives him a surprising look.She doesn't understand what's he said.Murtasim smiles at her and thinks with himself;

"Bohot jaldi hai tumhe janne ki lekin mein bhi tumhare age itni jaldi pakra nahi jaunga.Tumhe abhi pata nahi lagne dunga woh ladki tum ho."

__________________________________

How you like the chapter?

If you like it don't forget to tell me in comment section.

Keep voting 🙏

FatehaJannat2