11|Kindaichi bizzare adventure

Aoba Johsai

"Today, is it time to play a training match with Shiratorizawa?"

Kindaichi crossed his hands and placed them on his chin. He sat on the bench next to him with a serious face and spoke in a low voice.

"Hmm...what, are you scared?" Yahaba stood in front of him with a smile, keeping one hand on his hip.

"Ha, ha! How is that possible? Last time I lost with Karasuno because Oikawa-senpai happened to be away. This time-we definitely won't lose this time!"
Kindaichi straightened his chest, laughed dryly, and said righteously.

"Hmm... Even if Kobayashi Aotori is here?" Yahaba sneered and touched his chin.

Sure enough, in his eyes, Kindaichi, who was still holding his head high, lost colour in an instant, his shoulders quickly shrank, and he immediately withered.

This appearance pleased him very well, and he laughed loudly.

"Okay, stop teasing Kindaichi." A serious voice sounded. Seeing Iwaizumi standing behind him, Yahaba quickly stopped laughing and touched his head in embarrassment,
"I know."

However, Yahaba's laughter stopped, but Kindaichi's depression seemed to continue.

Iwaizumi crossed his arms and looked at Kindaichi who seemed to have lost his soul with a headache. Of course, he knew who was the culprit who turned Kindaichi into this.
——It’s Kobayashi Aotori.

He watched their match in the middle school tournament. It can be said that everyone in Kitagawa Daichi is strong, but the opponent is not very good.

Although there are some shortcomings, in a sense, it was Kobayashi Aotori who single-handedly defeated Kitagawa Daichi player in the National at the time.

He remembered that in that game, Kobayashi Aotori's eyes were only on Kageyama Tobio on the opposite side from beginning to end, with a not-so-serious smile on his face all the time... Ah, this is a very polite description.

Frankly speaking, it's like an adult watching a child play a game. It's really rude.

Moreover, after Kageyama Tobio left the field, the surprise, amusement and boredom on Kobayashi Aotori's face were not concealed at all. Every ball after that was crisp and clean, no longer as varied as before as if they had had enough and finally 'decided' to end the game.

After the game, he withdrew without any regrets from the national competition that countless teams dream of, and even gave that speech to the camera...

No wonder it left a trauma on Kindaichi.

Even he felt a rare sense of powerlessness in his heart after seeing the game video and interview.

That feeling of being completely despised, not because the other person is arrogant, but because you can't get in the eyes of the other party at all...
It's really suffocating.

Yahaba was also a little helpless. He put his hands on his hips and said, "Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't expect you to have such a big reaction to Kobayashi Aotori's name..."
"And this is just a training match." He tilted his head, trying to help Kindaichi regain his confidence.