Chapter one

It was 1899 Albus had left Hogwarts at the ripe age of 16 and had returned from his cut short trip with his best friend Elphias Dodge around Greece the year prior, his exciting new life of traveling and discovery cut short. He was now sat at home braiding his younger sister's long red hair. It was actually blonde, however she wanted to look like her brothers so he enchanted it to be ginger like his and Aberforths.

Speaking of Aberforth. The taller more masculine looking of the Dumbledore brothers walked into the room."Ariana would you like to come help me with the goats?" He asked gently smiling at his little sister. He completely ignored Albus who was sat just behind her. "Do you not have homework to be getting on with Aberforth, I am sure your goats can wait. Can they not?" Albus said in an annoyed tone."Oh shove off Al, I have the entire holidays to do it" Aberforth retorted.

Ariana tensed, "Please don't start fighting, it is ever so unpleasant" Ariana begged her two older brothers. Aberforth and Albus looked at each other and sighed. Albus stopped playing with his sister's hair and wrapped his arms around her and Aberforth kneeled down to her level and cupped her cheek."We weren't fighting love" Albus spoke soothingly."Yeah just a bit of banter darling" Aberforth spoke in a calm demeanor which they both had to have around the unstable girl.

She was only 14.

Ariana should be a student at Hogwarts like her older brothers are and were. However something terrible happened when she was younger and now she is an Obscurial. They had to keep her Obsucurus secret incase she ended up locked away in St Mungo's.

Albus remembers when she would come to his room first thing in the morning asking him to come play dolls with her. As a good brother he obliged. (It wasn't because he enjoyed playing dolls... that's a girl's thing. Would make him homosexual if he did 😏). However after the day his father was arrested for torturing the two Muggle boys who made Ariana an Obsucurus to death, Ariana stopped playing dolls. She would sit and cry in her room, the sudden outburst would explode anything near her. So their mother put up an enchantment to stop everything exploding, to stop her from harming herself.

The sound of the church bell rang throughout the town of Godrics Hollow indicating it was time for Albus to head to work. He worked at a pub run by a Muggle man, however his son attended Hogwarts so he knew of magic and that Albus had magic.

"I have to get to work Ariana" Albus said as he tied the final bow in Ariana's hair. "Sorry it's not as fancy as usual".

Ariana walked to the mirror and smiled at her hair. "It's gorgeous bubba, could you do it like this more often?" She asked as her eldest brother put his waistcoat on. "Sure thing flower" He paused for a second, "Either of you seen my boots?" He asked with an embarressed blush coming to his cheeks. Aberforth walked out of then back into the room holding a pair of dark brown boots. "Here, they were by the door, where they usually are" Aberforth said with an annoyed huff. Albus kissed Ariana's cheek as a goodbye and ruffled Aberforths slightly browner ginger hair. As he left he turned back to hear his brother mutter cuss words at him, "Watch your language in front of Ari!" He shouted before closing the door.

He walked through the streets saying hello to everyone and asking them how their day was as he usually did. It took him about ten minutes to reach the pub that was his workplace.

"We told you Miss Bagshot his shift hasn't started yet" Albus' friend Michael huffed as he pumped someone a pint.

"Looking for someone Miss Bagshot?" Albus asked the elderly lady who was grumbling under her breath about curses and hexes. "Oh Albus darling there you are" The woman said and reached up to pinch his chubby freckled cheeks. Then she smiled gently at him, "And I've told you, call me Bathilda".