Chapter 3

"Have you read The Tales of Beedle the Bard?"

Albus' face lit up. He loved The Tales of Beedle the Bard. His mother and father would each read him a story from it before he fell asleep.

His mother would sit on the edge of his bed and make sure he was comfortable before opening the book to one of the more child friendly stories and read to him until he fell asleep.

His father however.....

*flashback*

Albus waited. His two year old body tired yet so excited. His daddy was coming home soon. Albus adored his daddy. He was his best friend.

Percival Dumbledore had been away since five in the morning and it was now around two o'clock in the night. Albus missed him.

As soon as he heard a hushed rustle downstairs, he bolted upright in bed and whispered to his stuffed dog, "Daddy's home!".

He got out of bed and snuck out of his room. He made it as far as the stairs before he sneezed.

"Al?" His father said looking up at the tiny boy shivering on the stairs in the cold.

"Hello daddy" he said with a beaming smile and snot dribbling out of his nose from the cold. Albus made his way down the rest of the stairs and hugged his father's legs. "What are you doing up Mister? It's way past your bedtime" Percival said lifting his son into his arms and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"I wanted a drrrink" Albus said, elongating the R in the word with a shiver. His father laughed. "And if Daddy wasn't home what were you going to do? Drink from the sink like a cat?" He asked. "Noooo, I wouldn't have done that, silly daddy" he said, he returned the kiss his father placed on his cheek with a wetter sloppier one on the nose. "Welcome home daddy" he said as he snuggled into his father's warmth.

His father walked him into the kitchen and grabbed a mug from the cupboard. "Hot milk Mr Dumbledore?" He asked with a smile. "Ooh yes please daddy, and and and, some honey with it please, my throat has been ouchie today" Albus said making his voice croaky. Percival laughed at his son's antics, knowing he just wanted honey because it was sweet.

"Oh poor baby" he said and gave his neck a kiss(A/N, no its not incestual hes kissing it better), "Daddy kissed it better for you". Albus giggled at the tickling feeling of his father's lips on his neck. "Thank you daddy" he said.

Percival poured milk into the mug and heated it up, then added lots of honey to it.

They, well Percival carrying Albus, walked to the sofa/couch and sat lay down with Albus atop of him.

"Accio The Tales of Beedle the Bard" his father whispered. The book flew from Albus' room down his father's hand. He opened the book and began to read Albus' all time favourite story. "The tale of the three brothers".

By the end of the story Albus was truly asleep and had finished his milk. Percival carried his son back to his bed and tucked him in. "Goodnight, my little Prince" Percival said before giving Albus a kiss on the head, "Have sweet dreams".

*Flashback ends*

"Yes, my parents used to read it to me as a child" Albus said with a smile. "I have the first edition in my house" he said rather proudly.

Gellert smirked, "Which is your favourite story?".

Albus flushed in embarrassment, "The tale of the three brothers". Gellerts eyes lit up and Albus felt a swarm of butterflies in his stomach. "Mine too!" Gellert exclaimed, he then pulled out a pocket sized book from his trouser pocket, "I managed to get just the tale of the three brothers in hard cover pocket sized".

Bathilda entered the room with some biscuits and cakes. "They are true stories you know" the woman said sitting the tree tray down on the table. "One of them is buried here" she said proudly, "Of course you know that Albus, you spend time in the graveyard".

"Only to visit mother" he said sadly. Gellerts eyes saddened. "My mother passed too, beaten to death by drunken muggles" He mumbled.

"My condolences" Albus said, "my mother passed of dragon pox in bed, however my brother is convinced I poisoned her with my soup".

"You have a brother?" Gellert asked with an interested tone. Albus sighed, "Yes, a younger brother, Aberforth, he is such an annoyance".

"He's a good lad Albus, I don't understand what you have against the boy" Bathilda said before sipping her tea. "You don't live with him Miss Bagshot" Albus scoffed, he then turned to Gellert and added "And I have a younger sister called Ariana".

Bathilda cooed, "Oh Ariana is a sweetheart, did she enjoy the pie Albus?". The redhead smiled, "Yes Miss Bagshot, as did Aberforth and I, however Aberforths goat ate more than he did" he spoke happily. "Oh that's good, have you started letting him have them in the house then?" Bathilda asked curiously. "Oh goodness no, he walked to the backdoor with half his pie for them, I'm not having them eating my furniture again" Albus said with a chuckle.

Albus looked up at the clock. "Speak of the devil and Ariana, I have to get back to make them lunch" Albie said. He stood and shook Gellerts hand. "It was a pleasure to meet you, under circumstances where I don't have to hex you" Albus chuckled as he watched the realisation hit Gellert in the face like a right hook to the jaw.

"You! I knew you were familiar!" Gellert said standing up, "You're the Triwizard champion AND you beat me in a dueling competition in my second year".

Bathilda laughed at her nephew. "Why don't you take Gellert over your house Albus, he needs to get out of this house once in a while" the elder woman suggested.

Albus nodded, "I can even take him to the graveyard to hunt for the brothers grave". Bathilda smiled, "Oh and dear, tell your mother I say hello". Albus sniffed back a sob and wiped a tear that was about to roll down his cheek. "Yes Miss Bagshot" he said with a saddened smile.

A/N

Christ it's been a while since I've updated this.

Hello everyone, Author here. I am so sorry it has been so long. I have had quite a lot going on, as I have a performance AND an assessment within the next two weeks.

As always, thank you for reading and you are loved and respected.

Goodbye my chickens