Chapter 11: The Demon's and Cinderella's Outing

Author's Note: Hey guys! Sorry for no update yesterday :( But i'll be uploading chapter 12 later!! Thank you once again for leaving such lovely comments, reading them really encourages me to keep writing and trying to improve! Don't forget to vote if you like hehe it would mean a lot <3

Cinderella's footsteps echoed through the dimly lit corridor, her hurried movements betraying the storm of emotions raging within. A palpable sensation of self-loathing gnawed at her, casting shadows across her fragile psyche. Each breath she took felt heavy, a burden of her inner turmoil weighing her down like an anchor in a tempestuous sea.

Upon reaching her humble room, Cinderella hesitated for a fleeting moment, her heart aflutter with trepidation. She longed to collapse onto her worn-out bed, to let herself be consumed by the refuge of her tattered sheets. But she dared not risk further degradation by breaking the fragile frame of her meager resting place. Gingerly, she lowered herself onto the timeworn mattress, her emotions threatening to spill over.

Tears welled up in her eyes, and the dam of her emotions finally broke. She wept into the fabric of her bed, each sob a testament to the anguish. The echo of hateful words resounded in her mind, etching deeper the cruel judgments she had long struggled to evade. The realization that Sukuna had overheard their taunts only compounded her misery.

"I wish they hadn't berated me in front of him," Cinderella whispered between sobs, her voice quivering with vulnerability. "What if he thinks their words are truer than my own?" She pressed a trembling hand against her lips, desperate to stifle her anguish. The thought of her cries echoing through the corridor and reaching prying ears was a nightmare she could ill afford, for it would surely draw the ire of her stepmother and bring about a fresh wave of trouble.

As despair continued to grip her heart, Cinderella found herself sinking into a profound abyss of loneliness. It was a feeling that threatened to engulf her entirely, leaving her utterly adrift in her sorrow.

Unbeknownst to Cinderella, Sukuna paced outside her room, his normally steady hands betraying signs of restlessness. His fingers fidgeted with the fabric of his suit, a nervous energy coursing through his being.

With determination, he raised his hand to knock on her door, his intent clear. Yet, just as he was on the cusp of placing his knuckles against the wood, an inexplicable unease washed over him. He had already offered words of solace earlier, hadn't he? Wasn't that sufficient, or did he have some other reason to be lingering outside her room?

His fingers paused in their movement, his hand trembling slightly. An unsettling sensation settled in the pit of his stomach, a nagging discomfort he couldn't quite shake. The words he had spoken to Cinderella continued to haunt him, like a shadow lurking at the periphery of his thoughts. He was changing, and the implications of that transformation weighed heavily upon him.

Did he truly desire the lightness that Cinderella seemed to be awakening within him? For centuries, he had thrived in the realm of darkness, his power growing with each passing year. He couldn't even recall the distant memories of his human days, nor did he have any inclination to unearth them. Sukuna had long viewed himself as an embodiment of darkness, and the notion of embracing a contrary aspect of his being filled him with uncertainty.

As he wrestled with these conflicting thoughts, the metaphorical bubble of his hesitation threatened to burst. The choice loomed before him – to remain in the newfound realm of emotional complexity or to retreat to the safety of his familiar darkness. With a heavy heart, he chose the latter, walking away from Cinderella's door.

However, as he strode down the corridor, his curiosity overcame his resolve. He glanced back one last time, only to witness the blonde girl hastily departing from her room. "Huh?" Sukuna muttered to himself, perplexed by her sudden departure. "Where could she possibly be going? Just moments ago, she was in tears." With that thought echoing in his mind, hesitation dissipated like mist in the morning sun, and he began to follow Cinderella, drawn by an inexplicable connection that defied his understanding.