Chapter 30

Azrael simply stood straight, facing him calmly, as if he had nothing to fear.

"Your wife, she was sorry. She regretted what she had done. If only she had been guilty earlier, I would not have made her reform. She knew you were coming, so do I," Azrael said with an expressionless face.

"That doesn't change anything," Erebus growled.

"Oh, I know. I'm just informing you," Azrael said.

"You will die today," Erebus said.

"Perhaps, I'm not an immortal, I could die any day," Azrael said.

"And you are not afraid of dying?" Erebus said, his eyebrow raised.

"Oh, I am very. Who isn't?" Azrael asked.

"The ones who survives," Erebus replied, his hand drifting towards his sword warily. What was the enemy doing? Talking with him?

Azrael shook his head, "They too are afraid, no one can escape death. Not even primordials, gods."

"How so?" Erebus said. For now, Azrael was living in his own world, containing him and Erebus, everything behind him disappeared in his point of view.

"Your wife, Selene, nearing fading. Minor gods," Azrael said.

"Then what are you, if you are not afraid of death?" Erebus asked, narrowing his eyes.

"I'm a nobody, but I'm willing to fight for justice," Azrael answered. He pulled out his sword and pointed it at Erebus.

"You call this justice? Look at what the gods had done," Erebus laughed.

"Nonetheless, it is still the right thing to do," Azrael said. He held his sword underneath Erebus's chin.

The monsters, seeing their master being threatened, charged. Erebus sent a few monsters onto Azrael.

All dead with one swipe.

Azrael made his way in front of Erebus, "You'll never win," Erebus sneered.

Azrael remained a stoic face. "I wouldn't be so sure about that."

"I am a primordial, you are just a lowly demigod," Erebus smirked, sure that victory was his.

Suddenly, Azrael dropped to the floor and screamed. His hands gripped the Earth beneath him, finger digging into the soil. Everyone watched as he screamed in agony. Zoe wanted to rush out and help him, only to be stopped by Artemis.

It happened too fast, one second, Azrael was on the floor screaming, the second, he was engulfed in blinding light.

On top of his head was a bright halo, his wings in their full glory. In his hand was a gleaming sword.

"Perhaps I haven't introduced myself clearer," Azrael growled.