07 - IGNORANCE IS BLISS.

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐁𝐎𝐘

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐁𝐎𝐘.

     "Is it normal?"

Jude's voice was barely above a whisper. Nervous that his tone would carry throughout the room and enter the vacant hallway and somehow travel to a room that occupied his little brother , or his mother. Maybe even a bystander across the road where the crosswalk met the highway.

Anxiety bubbled in his stomach as he laid there , hidden by darkness. Though he could see a shadow of his friendRafe , with the high points of his face illuminated by the moon passing through the blinds.

Rafe sighed heavily. Jaw clenched at the question.

Was it?

"II don't know." Jude heard how his voice wavered. The unknowing of what was to come of their actions seeped into his pores and lived there like a bad case of acne. It haunted him. "I've never. . . I don't know."

Jude pursed his lips. He wasn't sure either. Freshly fifteen and in the peak of puberty , knowing his sexuality was something he'd never thought about exploring. And even though it wasn't as taboo anymore , he knew that it was uncharted territory for the both of them. It swung between the lines of good and bad , both for different reasons.

"You're the first . . . you know. . ." Jude spoke again , though this time it was gentle. More love behind the words he spoke.

"I know." Rafe responded and for a moment after he was silent. Staring up at the ceiling with a million thoughts in his head. Freshly sixteen and confused , Rafe Cameron was sure of one thing: he did not like boys. Growing up he was sure of that. He was attracted to girls. He liked kissing them. Liked touching them.

But Jude. . . Jude was different to him. Maybe it was because he had known him almost all of his life. He was the only person in this world that Rafe could trust. The only person who had stuck by his side through everything. Rafe wasn't gay but somehow , he loved Jude. Like , really loved. And he wasn't sure what that meant.