Chapter 7

Chapter 7: What? you have an issue with me too?

After getting home Emily wore a bright smile on her face while preparing their dinner, Linda assisted her in the kitchen wearing a classic Japanese maid outfit on the command of Emma who thought it was funny to dress up their maid.

"Do you think he'll love chicken?"

Emily asked Linda.

"He'll eat anything you cook first."

Linda replied, Knowing Alistair would prefer having either her or Emma for dinner, In more ways than she'd like she knew a lot about Alistair, things she wasn't supposed to know in the first place that also meant she knew the things he liked and disliked.

"He doesn't have any favourite meal yet but no one hates meat for dinner."

Linda added when she realized her earlier reply wasn't the answer Emily was hoping for, she wasn't heartless enough to tell Emily to stop cooking for Alistair and just present her neck to him even if she was going to do that either way.

"Fine, Let's make some chicken."

Emily decided while wearing her apron then she brought out raw chicken meat from the fridge.

"Hm"

Linda nodded and then got the spices but something was troubling her, Emily as an entity related to negative emotions could sense it vaguely then again it might have been her woman instincts.

"Is there anything bothering you?"

Linda didn't know how to answer Emily so she brought up the first thought she had.

"Don't you feel as if you are disregarding your husband?"

Alistair had severed her connection to her dead husband but that didn't mean she still didn't feel anything, Love was a strange thing, She still felt weird since she was now serving her husband's killer as his maid, and she felt even worse since she couldn't stop thinking about Alistair.

"Sometimes... Yes, I feel bad for the other times it doesn't, Alistair offered to bring him back to life and bear full responsibility for it, that just made me love him more since he would go through the length to make me happy, but the reason I couldn't accept was because although I want to see my husband so badly, He's been dead for so long, What if what he is, isn't what I remember?"

"Even at that what will I say to Alistair? Don't worry about reviving my husband because I love you now. Haha, He'll most likely see me as a freak or something."

Emily didn't think she'd be ready to handle the change, Although her commitment to her dead husband held her back from progressing with Alistair, every day was a losing battle with her desire.

Linda didn't have anything to say so Emily continued talking

"I might not have any advice to give you about how you feel, But I do have some advice, Take what's most important to you and cherish it, my world used to be my little sister, Alistair brought us together in many ways and now they are my family, even you."

"Pass the salt."

Emily had no idea her words hit Linda deeply

'Part of her family?'

At this point, both Emma and Linda forgot they lived in a house where everyone has super hearing.

Upstairs Alistair and Emma listened to the entire conversation, Emma had a nonchalant expression, to her there wasn't a reason to pick between Alistair and anyone even if there was she'd pick Alistair in a heartbeat.