Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Girl Talk

After AP Biology class with Alice, Alistair continued the rest of his classes with Emma and just like that another boring day of school had passed.

Alistair, Emma, Alice and the rest of the Cullens stood at their corner in the parking lot close to the Cullens's car since Alistair and Emma now enjoyed walking home and hence didn't have a car.

"So you made a ring for all the couples in my house? Including the soon-to-be couple me and Bella?"

Edward asked a question turning to look at Bella's truck, Weirdly enough she was staring back, So she caught all of them staring at her, Which made her uncomfortable and she turned away.

"Yeah, I mean don't you guys get tired of hiding from the sun? Plus someone hinted I started paying up for the bride price."

Alistair said adding a joke at the end to lessen Edward's apprehension also making Alice blush.

"Plus, You have to admit they were needed, Now you don't have to worry about the sun exposing, Worry about Bella not finding out you want to have a piece of her... Literally."

Emma joined the fray adding her joke.

Both of them made Edward silent while holding the pair of rings for him and Bella.

'There's no reason to refuse the gift, He openly admitted he's interested in Alice, And she loves him too so he's technically already family.

Edward eventually accepted it.

"Thank you."

But he wasn't going to wear it till he and Bella understood what they were going to do.

"Woah"

"Bella! Look out!"

Edward snapped his head towards Bella seeing as she was about to be hit by a car, He disappeared in a blur appearing beside Bella, Shielding her while also using his hand to stop the car from moving.

Bella stared at him with a surprised look, then stared at his hand which was still holding the car back, The place he held formed a dent while he hugged her protectively, He turned back to face her with a guilty face.

Alistair who saw the thing play out felt inspired "Is this how it feels like to watch other people's love life play out?" Telling another Joke.

"Not funny, He's going to expose us."

Rosalie glared at him Edward before walking out.

"You could have helped her without anyone knowing couldn't you?"

Emma whispered even though all of them could hear her.

"Well, Where's the thrill in that? Besides I haven't fully understood my love life why would I meddle with someone else's?"

Alistair whispered back, Humouring the vampires who could hear everything they said.

"Plus, Isn't she his mate? She's his responsibility, not mine, I have mine."

Alistair's eyes pierced into Emma's remembering he'd be completely responsible for Emma and Emily, Since he had sired them to himself recreating them in his image.

But no one understood that yet, The effects of the spell...  His spell.

"Why are you staring at me like meat?! Do you want a bite?"

Emma started with a tone of curiosity but changed to an expression of naughtiness as she openly flirted with Alistair.

Jasmine turned to Alice with a curious tone "Aren't you jealous?" If it were her and someone said this to Jasper she'd want to kill her.