Private Chef ≪◦ ❈ ◦≫ Lando Norris*

≪◦ ❈ ◦≫

I hear the sound of the doorbell just as my boss, Jim, finishes setting the counter for the meal. He is going to prepare sushi for three of the four arriving Formula 1 drivers. They have been invited to a Japanese food event, but none of them know what they are going to eat. Now, I said three out of four because the fourth driver, Lando Norris, absolutely hates fish.

That's why I'm here. I'm going to prepare chicken teriyaki for him, one of his favourite dishes. He doesn't know it yet.

"Y/n? Are you ready?" Jim asks me while adjusting his black uniform. I nod: "Yeah. All good. This will be fun, huh?"

He chuckles and pats my shoulder like an older uncle. I smile as we make our way out of the kitchen and to the black marble counter where all the ingredients for the sushi are sitting, waiting to be used. Jim and I put on our black gloves and quietly wait for the drivers to arrive.

Soon enough, soft laughter is heard coming up the stairs and we see Carlos Sainz, Lando Norris, Charles Leclerc and Pierre Gasly appear from around the corner. I immediately make eye contact with Charles, who gives me a warm smile I only reflect.

They take their seats at the counter and patiently wait for us to start. Since this is a private event, there are no cameras around and the drivers get to experience some calm, friendly time off-grid.

"Welcome, gentlemen, to the home of Japanese delicacies. I am what they call an Itamae, a sushi chef. But you can call me Jim," he introduces himself.

The boys chuckle at his joke and offer polite smiles. Then, Jim turns his attention to what lies in front of him while I smile on the inside as I watch with my hands behind my back.

"This here are the ingredients for today's event. I will prepare handmade sushi in real time, consisting of as many courses as you'd like. You may also choose any type of roll from this list here," he shows them a laminated list of dozens of types of rolls.

Pierre, Charles and Carlos are invested and watching closely, but Lando, sitting on the far left, is having difficulties containing his expression of disgust. The three soon realize what everything means for Lando and look up at Jim, not wanting to intrude, but wanting an answer.

Jim realizes: "Ah, yes, I almost forgot. This here," he motions to me, the drivers turning their gaze towards me, "is Y/n. She will be preparing professional chicken teriyaki for the gentleman."

Jim smiles at Lando and his face lights up with happiness as he looks at me. I smile back politely. Lando lightly blushes and Carlos sees it, gently elbowing him and grinning. Pierre and Charles chuckle.

"Lando, be polite, you get your own chef and don't even say thank you?" Carlos teases him, making Lando blush even more.

"Thank you," he mumbles nervously. The boys laugh and I chuckle: "Your welcome."

"All right," Jim says, "let's get cooking, shall we?"

"Yes," Charles turns towards Jim.

"Let's cook!" Pierre smiles.

I smile and turn around, heading through the doors to the back of the kitchen, to get all the ingredients I need. After a while, I get back with a large platter of already prepared ingredients and set it opposite Lando.

He smiles when he sees the chicken and it makes Carlos laugh at him. They tease each other and I find it difficult to contain my laugh.

Jim and I begin preparing the food, Jim making his more delicate and exact rolls in the beginning so that I have a chance to finish and everyone can eat at the same time. It's a miracle because I did finish right as Jim presented his first plate to the boys.