A CATASTROPHE TO COME

The sound of a loud explosion emanates from a shady looking building as the sky begins to change to an unnatural color. The whole atmosphere becomes dark and red as scared and confused civilians begin to look up to the sky.

'Could this be the apocalypse?' they all ask themselves with heavy hearts. The worst nightmare of many is becoming a reality.

Somewhere not too far from the origin of the noise, a frightened young girl struggles to carry her injured friend on her back. Both of them covered in blood and nothing short of traumatized.

"Help! Help! Please someone help!" she screams at the top of her lungs with her eyes filled with tears. The weight burdening her gets unbearable and she falls to her knees out of weakness. The boy she's trying to carry is bleeding profusely and will be dead any moment from now if he remains like that. "He's dying! Help him!"

Away from them, inside the building, lies the source of the problem. A person. A boy in fact, that's if you can even consider a being capable of such mayhem and evil as human. He is surrounded and guarded by shadow figures of his own creation. The kind of stuff you'd describe as nightmare fuel. The boy's irises are as red as blood, practically screaming, 'I'm a bloodthirsty serial killer'. Across the room is a girl of about the same age as him. She's injured and bleeding, but unlike the first boy we met, she isn't on her death bed.

The girl doesn't appear to be in league with the guy, but what does that mean? Is she trying to stop him? Is it even possible to stop such a monster?

All in all, one thing is clear. The human race has once again brought a catastrophe upon itself. I only wonder if we are going to make it out of this one alive or not. What do you think?