FRIENDS VS FRIENDS

As Sara and Ms fight escalates more and more, the latter decides to employ even more force by expelling a powerful burst of air that sends the former flying across the hallway theyve turned into a battlefield. Fortunately, the teenage girl manages to sustain her agility and lands back on her feet.

Doesnt this guy experience fatigue? Sara wonders, feeling increasingly frustrated and concerned. Their tussle has been going on for over twenty minutes and her opponent isnt showing any signs of exhaustion, whereas shes panting like a dying dog. Im just going to have to fend him off until I can come up with an escape plan.

The beautiful dark skinned girl forcefully stabs her rapier into the ground and channels her icy power through it. Then, all of a sudden, multiple ice spikes emerge from the surface beneath Ms feet and impale him in every part of his body. Three through both his legs, four in his arms and shoulders, and another four into his back and stomach. Nevertheless, the young man doesnt flinch in reaction, there isnt even a single drop of blood from any of the holes. Instead, he just widens his smile and bursts into laughter.

I honestly thought a girl as smart as you wouldve understood by now that those types of attacks are useless against me, but I guess your looks dont actually complement your brain. What a shame, M mocks her before he releases another gush of wind that instantly destroys the ice nails, causing shards to dart in every direction. Not long after, all his wounds completely seal shut as if he wasnt just stabbed.

Ahhh!! Sara lets out in pain as one of the broken pieces from the spikes finds its way into her left shoulder.

Totally out of reasonable ideas, the girl resorts to a last stitch attempt at a strike against her enemy. She adjusts her grip on her icy sword and flings it like a javelin towards M, but it never touches him. The second the blade comes remotely close to him, he manipulates the air around him to shatter it into tiny bits.

Its almost like youre not even trying to fight back at this point, the black zegen cultist laughs as he extends his right hand towards Sara and an invisible ring of air forms around her neck, slowly suffocating her. He moves his hand and the air begins to pull the girl closer to him against her will. I think Ive gotten bored of this one-way struggle, so its about time I kill you and get to the rest of your friends. I have something important to get to after all.

Right now Saras gruesome demise seems set in stone and theres nothing she can do about it, but thats exactly what she wants him to think. With Ms guard down, one last ice spike swiftly comes forth from the ground behind him and penetrates through his skull, but he doesnt appear bothered in any way.

I can see youre clearly desperate now. Dont worry, Ill en–

The deranged criminals speech abruptly comes to a halt once the coolness from the weapon spreads to his body like a virus and freezes his brain, instantaneously ending his life. Regardless of whatever regenerative ability a zegen may possess, he/she is still only human and M is no exception. The brain is the control center of everyones body and undoubtedly the most important part, and in as much as you can supernaturally heal and restore any other damaged organ, if this particular one is terminally damaged, youd be dead too soon before your ability can even be activated, which is simply what Sara just did to her attacker.

With M no longer alive and his power therefore no longer in effect, Sara falls to the ground as the gaseous force compelling her disperses. The teen inhales a huge breath of air as she recovers from almost being asphyxiated. She feels overwhelmed with relief cause she wasnt completely sure how well that last move was going to play out. She more or less took a gamble with it and shes extremely glad it was enough to save her life.

Sara forces herself back to her feet as her breathing slowly stabilizes. She feels a throbbing pain from her shoulder and turns to see blood flowing out of the spot that was pierced by the stray shard. The girl powers through the hurt and drags the object out before immediately freezing the mouth of the injury closed, preventing even more blood loss. With one crisis averted, she decides to start her search to meet up with Laura and Mathéo. Shes not fully sure of which direction the brunette followed when she fled, so she just takes any random path and hopes its the right one.