Episode- 39

Episode- 39

Amber's POV:

I rolled on the bed, exhausted... I am exhausted mentally. I can't deal with this anyhow. I should forget him and do what I should be doing.... I should live my life.... mom wanted me to be happy and Dad too...I sigh... what is use of staying angry on a dead person... but can I forgive?

I heard a knock on my door, I said, "Come in...." I guess it's breakfast. I sat up pushing my hairs away. I saw Eva, she walked to me and said, "Get your a** up..... we need to be at the office, remember you had lot to learn. Mr. Edward reminded me to drop you there since you have a weekend."

I sigh and said, "but why is office when it's weekend... should we be on leave..."

Eva pulled me off bed and said, "No... he said you need to be trained.. and 2 years is not enough..." I pouted till Eva pushed me in the bathroom. I closed the door, I should get ready...

After bath, I got dressed in some pants and a classy top. I moved the comb out of my hairs. I walked downstairs and Eva was sitting there talking with Aunt Linda. I said, "Good morning to both of you..."

Eva said, "Morning Kid."

Aunt Linda greeted, "Good morning Miss. Amber..." she served me food, and I was having my breakfast. Eva was eating hers too. She was telling me about some of her cool stuff. It's creepy but I like to hear her.

I was going through my phone when I saw the news of Edward being on a birthday of a business magnet. He was with Olivia.... They stood beside each other and I felt how wrong I was to think I can have him.

Olivia was right, I am just a girl who worked as a dishwasher, I am nothing with the name J. Driver.... I am nothing without being noticed as J. Driver's daughter. I am weak pathetic person, who has social anxiety, and can't be comfortable in some normal situation. I am nothing without all of this...

And Edward is perfect, he deserves someone as perfect as Olivia.... I am not worth it.

After 40 minute I was in the office, sitting in front of Edward. the office is mostly empty. Just Mr. Hyde, Olivia and Edward... some other staff who are supposed to be working today. I was alone with Edward in the cabin, he was looking through some file.

Edward said, "I want you to read these 2 files and tell me the difference, you have 1 hour exactly...." He is cold to me, he is angry.....

I took the file and minded my own work. While he was doing something on his computer.

I was trying to concentrate and somehow I was doing it fine... at least I think that. Anyways these things are hard, and boring... how will I manage all of this in few years? Edward will leave right?... then what will I do?

I am not good at anything, My social skills are not even close to normal, I am not smart and more flaws that I hate,.... Only thing special about me is that I am J. Driver's daughter... how will I survive? I am so self conscious and nervous that it makes me sick... literally..... it's so uncomfortable.

I got startled when I heard Edward calling my name... I looked at him trying to compose myself. Edward doesn't look happy, he asked, "Amber, are you even trying? You don't even look like your mind is not here"

I looked down at the papers and then again at him, I tried again, but I heard Edward, "Amber.... You don't look good. You are sick?" maybe I am little sick too... I feel like I will throw up in nervousness... yes, maybe sometimes my anxiety makes me feel sick and when I think I can't do anything then it gets worst... I know this feeling, they are familiar but sadly I never won over them.

I shake my head in 'no'. Edward was still looking at me, I directed my gaze in the papers. Edward pulled his phone out and said, "Hyde, get a pillow and blanket in my office... and yes, bring something to eat."

I looked at Edward nervous, he kept the phone aside and then got up, he checked my temperature as he placed his hand on my forehead. My heart races when he does something like this...

He said, "You don't have a fever.. but you look pale .... You should eat better, Amber..." this is kind of embarrassing.

Edward said, "If you were not feeling well you would have told me, or you would have stayed in your room... no need to come and suffer when you are sick."

I looked at him, it's not like I was sick when I woke up.. but I got sick in these phases of my scattering strength and fear. But it's not that bad, but so uncomfortable...

Edward pulled the file from me and said, "I will explain this to you later..."

He said again, "Go... rest on the sofa....."

He is acting like he cares, but I will not grab these unseen threads and cling into it... I got up and went to the sofa, I ended up resting on my back looking at the ceiling. Tomorrow I have to attend classes... and I do not want to go at all... I wish I could lock myself in a room and just exist there.

After an hour I was sleeping there wrapped a blanket around myself... I won't lie, My stomach is hurting so bad... like it will tear apart. I am feeling shivers too... what is happening... am I really sick?.... I started thinking what I did or where I went to get sick?

I opened my eyes and saw Edward still working... he is busy. I can't call him for these things, and I wanted to be independent like before... I can take care of myself... I will go to the hospital by myself.

I tried to get up, I feel so weak.. it went to the worst really quick. I heard, "Amber..."

Edward walked to me and said, "What happened? Who said you can get up?.... or are you feeling better?" as he was touching my cheeks and asking me about myself, I wanted to tell him I not ok.... But his care won't be permanent.... I am just his responsibility.

I said, "I need a doctor... it doesn't feel good... I should go..." I tried to get up but Edward made me lay back again. He said, "Amber, just stay here... I will call a doctor.."

I nodded, because right now I want to get rid of this pain in my body...

Edward's POV:

Doctor asked for privacy when she checks on Amber so I was standing out of the room. I didn't realized she was this sick, I just thought she might be tried but it was more than that.

Olivia passed me coffee and said, "Don't worry she will be fine."

I sipped my coffee and said, "She didn't looked good earlier.."

I heard Olivia, "She is such a weak girl... I don't know how will she survive, Mr. Driver really gave his pain to you... I don't know for how long you have to carry this burden.."

My feast tighten as she said this, I never felt this kind of anger for Olivia. I threw the coffee on the floor and she flinched looking at me in shock.

She said, "Edward.... what... is this?"

I said, "Mr. Driver, supported someone as us when we needed. He didn't need to do that for us!.... I don't know about you, but I might have never survived without him.... and Amber is strong, that girl managed to live on her own since young.... I do not want to hear those words from you!"

Olivia said, "Edward... I didn't mean that.. it's just slipped out of my mouth..."

I warned, "She is sick, and it's my right to take care of her... and I do not want outsiders comment on this... no one can take my rights and duties from me..... Remember one thing, she is your boss..." Olivia looked down and nodded. she left without any words.