Episode-40

Episode-40

Edward's POV:

After 10 more minutes, the doctor came and Hyde showed her the way. the doctor said, "Mr. Ray... it's nothing serious, she just got an infection.. I have given meds, but if the fever doesn't go till tomorrow then we should run some test..."

I nodded and asked Hyde to drop the doctor off.

I went to see Amber, she should be normal till tomorrow or I might die in worry. I noticed she was awake, she was holding her arm and rubbing a spot on it.

I sat in close to her on the floor, she is sleeping on the sofa so this seemed to be the closes place. I asked, "Amber, what's wrong with your arm?"

She looks at me and her eyes are teary. She said, "that doctor I hate her... she gave me injections, that hurts..." I want to chuckle on her silliness...

I said, "That will help you to cure... you are sick...." She burred her face into the blanket and said, "It hurts...." I know, just endure it for a while.

I grabbed her hand and said, "Just hold it tight till you feel pain.... Distract yourself..." I felt her hand tightening around mine.... I sat there silently, looking at her.... she squeezed my hand few times, I assume she might be in pain.

I remembered Olivia mentioning her as my burden....

She is not a burden to me..... she is not a burden, Amber is special... she is daughter of the man I respect the most, she is the girls whose tears hurt me... she is someone who makes me feel like I am alive, she gives me her smiles... how can someone like her be anyone's burden....

She is my Amber....

Next day,

It's already evening, I decided to visit Amber... she is in her mansion... she is resting the whole day, even when I want to be near her, I couldn't. I had work and what will tell her why I was there when she has countless maids....

I saw Aunt Linda getting food tray out of her room. I noticed it was mostly not eaten. I asked, "How is she now?"

Aunt Linda said, "Not good.... she can't even eat properly... I am getting worried, that poor child...... she just got out of hospital few days ago and now she is sick again, why is this happening to that motherless child?" she is not well yet... is there something serious?

I need to check myself. I walked in her room and found her sitting on the bed as she lowered her head. I saw Eva standing there, she looks worried.

Eva looked at me and said, "Thank god you are here!.. this kid is not listening... she is not eating well or trying to sleep..... she needs rest..."

Amber looked at us and said, "I... I can't eat.... and it hurts.. I can't... sleep either..." I kept my things on the table and walked to Amber, I touched her cheeks and she is still burning in fever...

I asked Eva, "Did she took her meds?"

Eva nodded and said, "Yes... but.. she vomited 30 minutes later... so I don't think that worked..." She is been throwing up, before I could ask further Eva said, "She threw up like 3 times already....."

I said, "You all should have told me earlier... call the doctor now, and tell we are doing tests...." Eva nodded and walked out.

I touched Amber's face, she looks pale and her eyes are red too... what happened? Something is not right with her.

I remembered how my grandma got sick and left... no! why am I thinking that all of a sudden?! Amber is not leaving, she is going to be ok.... I will get the best doctor in the world if anything is wrong with her.