Snooping Students

Hey guys!! Welcome back!!

So, I just wanted to clear the air a bit and tell you in a bit more detail about why I hadn't posted for so long.

So, when I started this story, I was really into it, and I wanted to get people reading and wanted my writing to go out in the open. When I went on my holiday, I kind of lost a bit of motivation as my mind was focusing on a lot of other things.

Then, when I decided to read some Wattpad fanfiction on my phone, I saw how many notifications I had and read some of the messages, plus a few old ones.

I saw messages from Poseidons_Cat, wanting more of my work. I saw Teamleomchsizzle saying that they liked my work. I saw Annabeth2022 saying that she couldn't wait for my holidays to be over. I saw that GeemmCortes followed me and that my story was getting more votes. All of that really made me remember how much I wanted the story to be a good one that all of you guys could enjoy.

So, I wanted to say thank you to you all and say that I really appreciate you all reading this.

I know that this is a long author's note, and I know that it's kind of getting repetitive of me thanking you guys all the time. But if I'm honest? I DON'T REALLY CARE!!

Okay, let's get on with the show now :)

Harry's POV:

Percy was acting strange. I mean, he was always an odd guy. The dude sets his food on fire, for goodness sake! But a couple of days ago, Percy was suddenly acting distant. He kept on disappearing and asking the oddest questions to McGonagall. Recently, I've noticed him heading for the library. That's right folks! Percy Jackson voluntarily went to the library.

Percy has also been refusing to go to sleep saying that his mind will be better off without it. He lies in bed, but just stares at a picture the entire time, like he can't get enough of it. I know it's a person, but the guy won't let anyone near the photo. Percy acts like everyone would steal it from him if they got the chance to.

But there's also something else. He's started to sneak out during the school day. Whenever Ron, Hermoine and I try to follow him, he somehow manages to lose us. Neville isn't telling us anything, and this Death Eater is smarter than we gave him credit for.

"Dude, pass the pancakes," Ron said, interrupting my thoughts. He outstretched his hand and looked at me expectantly. I passed him the food and looked at Hermoine.

"Where's Percy?" I asked.

"I don't know," Hermoine admitted. "I saw him come in earlier to get some bread, but then he left before I could talk to him."

"We need to talk to him," Ron said. "We're his friends, and he's been acting weirdly. We need to know if he's okay."

"We are not his friends," I hissed. "Not really, anyway. We just need to keep him close and get some information out of him. Nothing more."

"Actually, Harry," Hermoine butted in. "We don't really have that much proof that he's a Death Eater. All we know is that he's got a tattoo and that he's got a strange past. That could mean a lot of things."

"We just can't take any chances," I insisted. "Voldemort is gone now. We deserve a year of peace, but if Percy really is a Death Eater, we could enter another war, and that would mean more deaths and more grief." I turned to Ron. "Remember how you felt when you thought Fred died? How George felt?"

Ron sighed. "Okay, I agree. But we should at least try and figure out what's wrong with him."

"Well," I asked. "Where do we find him?"

"Let's try your dorm," Hermoine said.

"Uh, hello?" Ron said. "He's barely been in the dorm room. Why would we search there?"

Hermoine smiled. "For 2 reasons. One: you both have access to the room. We can all get in and out with minimal questions asked." Hermoine looked at us mischievously. "2: Percy's unlikely to be there, right?" Ron and I nodded. "So, if we accidently stumble across Percy's stuff and accidently look through it, we might find out answers. About where he's going, obviously."

Ron and I smiled, liking this version of Hermoine.

"I think," Ron said. "I love you even more."

Time skip dedicated to Rick Riordan for creating the awesome couple Percabeth (if you don't support Percabeth, I'm VERY disappointed in you)

Ron's POV:

The dorm had always been messy, but ever since Percy came along, the room became a lot messier. His clothes were discarded all over the floor and his books were lying in the oddest places. Seriously, who puts their Potions book on top of an open fish tank?

As Hermoine suspected, Percy wasn't in the dorm room. If it was possible, the room was messier than usual. There were borrowed library books all on his bed. When I took a closer look at them, I noticed that they were all about the Wizarding War and dark magic. There were some old newspapers from a few years back. When I saw the headline of an underground newspaper, my breath caught in my throat.

"Guys," I whispered. "You've got to see this.

Harry came over and took a look at the article. His eyes widened.

VOLDEMORT RECRUITING SITES!! ENROL NOW FOR A PRIVATE VIEWING!!

Hermoine came over. "Why—Why does Percy have this?"

Harry looked like everything clicked into place. "He's going to start recruiting old Voldemort followers. He's going to use the old Voldemort sites."

I nodded. "He's going to start another war."

"We have to show this to Professor McGonagall," Harry stated. "We need her to expel Percy before he can learn anything more about the wizarding world."

"I'm not sure," Hermoine said. "It's almost time for lessons, and all Percy's books are in here. If we take the newspapers now, he might notice that they're gone and flee before we can take him to Azkhaban."

"Then what do you suggest we do?" I asked.

"I think we should figure out all of the details first. Figure out who he'd recruited, who he's trying to recruit. Maybe we can even figure out his plans. We just need more evidence so that way we don't completely rely on the newspapers. Who knows when he will get rid of them."

"Well, where do you suggest we start?" Harry asked.

"And," I asked. "Should I be scared?"

Hermoine smiled. "We start with a dream."

Hello there, Cliffhanger! It's nice to meet you!

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!! If you have any requests for the next few chapters, let me know!

Thank you so much for reading!

Chloe :)