CHAPTER5: WHAT NEVER HAPPENED

Mohan had promised himself not to sleep until he is out of the room. He was so pissed and annoyed by the troublemaker who was sleeping peacefully on the bed. She snored softly, anybody who would see her would think she was some kind of angle who was blessed with all beauties. But for him she was a very annoying troublemaker who was so arrogant and troublesome. He developed a dislike towards her the longer he stayed in there
She talked in her sleep, and turned like a little pig almost falling off the bed. His heart knocked him hard and he didn’t know why. His wolf became alert for a second then relaxed. He glared at her and walked into the small bathroom. He stared at hiself in the mirror and smirked. He inspected the wounds her teeth had left and sighed. His shirt and neck was stained in blood. He disliked blood on him, even when it was his own.
He tore off  the shirt and got rid of his pants. He stepped into the shower and took the longest shower in his life. He dried hiself lazily then his eyes flew back to the wound on his neck. Why wasn’t it healing like other wounds do? He was a bit skeptical about it and decided to cover it up temporarily with his skill. A special skill he was born with. He used it to cover scars and wounds or else why would his big brother Rahul have his skin spotless and he had spent his whole life in the battlefield?
He put back his pants and inspected himself again. Was it his fault that he cared about his looks so much? Barely, it  ran in the Sanchez family, they cared about their looks so much and reputation as well.
He was engrossed at inspecting himself when his wolf became alert all of a sudden then he was walking out of the bathroom in a rush. Artemis was falling off the bed and he instinctively grabbed her small figure putting her back in place. She held onto him like a tick nuzzled onto his chest snoring softly. She hummed and said something in her sleep and fell asleep. Mohan was frozen on the spot and confused for a moment. Why was his wolf so unruly? He was so disobedient to him so much!
He tried to shrug her off but she was stuck on him. He furrowed his brows staring at her with displeasure. But then he was tired and couldn’t stay awake even if he wanted to. He fell asleep and if someone else was watching them from a far he would have thought that they were such a perfect couple having a good sleep. But in real sense they were confused enemies!
             **********
The morning was busy for the kappas and omegas as usual. It was even busier since there were extra guests in the pack house. The alpha’s were all sitting in the living room chatting casually as it is their nature. They would discuss significant matters a times then go back to their casual chatting again. The Luna’s were gossiping as well in some room, the fancy ones trying on new things from their friends and the chatty ones talking none stop. On the other side near the Artemis river the house was dirty and a whole mess. The teens were sleeping around carelessly others barely covered. A few wise ones had left earlier and some the night before. To the second floor Gaby and her friends were sprawled on the bed after having a great time the previous time. She was the first to wake up and didn’t bother to notify the rest. She simply dressed walked out of the house through the back door and went to the brook to take a bath before climbing the window to her room. No one would suspect anything and if anyone did, a snap of a finger would keep their lips sealed. Who would dare offend the alpha’s daughter? And at that the first daughter who was to take the seat after the father is too tired to rule anymore?
She went to her room changed her clothes and didn’t bother to keep the dirty ones in the clothe basket. She just dropped them on the floor and climbed on her bed. After getting herself injected and smoking as usual she lay in bed staring at the ceiling for the longest time.

Down at the secluded rooms for the betas and Gammas was Hector busy thinking and trying to figure out where his best friend was. He hadn’t seen her since the previous night. The last time he saw her is when she was twirling around in her Cinderella dress showing off her beautiful figure and hair. Then she had excused herself to the secret room she and her sister spent their time together when they were young. He was there to Check but he do found the door locked and no sound from inside. She wouldn’t be alone , that was unlikely Artemis. When he tried to sniff her scent he do been blocked by an alpha strong scent and a few scents being emitted from the other room just on the other room.
He was frustrated and sought her in her room but she wasn’t there. He tried mindlinking her but she was blocking him or rather she hadn’t  let her mind be accessible. He had given up prayed to the moon goddess she do be safe and went to his room.
At dawn , he hadn’t found her yet and it rang the worst bells in his mind. She could be in trouble and more so that she wasn’t like any other wolf it could be bad for an entire territory... Just a drop of her blood...
It even scared him more to think of it, and he clearly remembers the words of the alpha one time when rogues had captured her and caused chaos in the south. He recalls that day when the alpha himself summoned him in his study what he had said...
As you would keep your mate safe Hector please keep her safe. She is close to you trusts you the most and she is happy to be around you. For the time you are here and haven’t found her mate yet. Am begging you as a father not an alpha...keep my little goddess safe... please!
He had inquired the reason why it was so important to keep her safe then he had gotten the most complicated and incomplete answer
...just a drop of her blood in the wrong hands is a destruction to be written down in history.
He had wanted to askore but the look from the alpha’s face stated otherwise. He do sworn to keep the girl safe and it didn’t like a job it was more of his duty to a friend a good friend!
Now he was even more tensed what if?
He tried the mind linking again
Artemis...can you hear me? Artemis? It’s me Hector are you safe? Are you in the pack house?
There was no answer, not even a signal that the message was received and she had even left him her phone. He needed to report this to Alpha Thomas as soon as possible.
He found Alpha Thomas in the living room and made an eye contact with him signaling for his attention. Thomas excused himself and they went a distance away from the others.
“Good morning Alpha Thomas, am sorry to bother you but I have something urgent to tell you!”
“Its not a bother, come on tell me Hector...what is it?”
“I can’t find Artemis since the previous night. I have tried every means I can but I can’t find her” he explained a little bit tensed.
“Where was the last place you saw her or she went?” he asked casually. Hector was a little confused, wasn’t he supposed to be tensed or something?
“The room she and Gaby stayed when young” he answered
“That is where we start off” he answered “my instincts aren’t so high up. So it means she isn’t in any danger.” He smiled at Hector “you are tensed that is the difference between a father and a friend” he tease das they left together to find the stubborn girl.