CHAPTER 6: SOMETIMES WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE WANT

When Rahul entered the dining room with the little boy. Everyone turned to face them in fascination. It was such an honour to be so close it rather be honoured by an alpha blood. He sat down as held the kid in his laps after greeting everyone.
“Hey, Rahul.... Who is the boy?”
He smiled poking the kids cheek lovingly.
“He is...
“Hello all of you” he bowed slightly “my name is Christian Rock Lopez. The youngest son of Lopez and Grace” he answered out loud
“What a nice kid” commented Martinez as his wife nodded in agreement.
Christian smiled broadly feeling good about himself. Gaby sat beside her father on the other table looking gloomy and barely facing anyone. She was guilty of course, she had been way too unreasonable and harsh towards her friends. She wouldn’t admit it nevertheless, she wouldn’t even if she tried. Beside her was Luna Samantha and her other close friend Miley. Alpha Sanchez and Martinez sat close to each other. Mohan sat alone far off from everyone else, the seat beside him was not occupied yet, no one dared get close to him. The other tables in the massive dining room were filled in accordance to ranks. Alpha Robin Hunk who was the eldest alpha among them all sat closely with his wife Marcella. They were always stack with each other. It was normal.
Everyone was about to eat when the late comer showed up. Artemis, she had spent a long time in her room beating herself for kissing someone who wasn’t her mate. If she hadn’t pushed him off, how far would things have gone? She didn’t want to think about it. Her presence alone was enough to give Mohan’s heart tickles that he was very annoyed. He had no idea who caused such emotions to rise in him but he didn’t like it either. As soon as her scent reached his nostrils, his wolf was so excited yet it had been silent the whole time.
Artemis avoided everyone’s eye, she felt like she was quite readable. She had a feeling someone could easily detect that her sweet lips weren’t virgin anymore and she felt like crying.
She steadied her breath and walked towards the table she was to occupy, but only a seat was left. And to make matters worse it was right beside Mohan. She hissed under her breath and cursed the dangerously handsome devil under her breath. She scanned the surrounding under her lids but there was just that one seat. She would rather miss breakfast, what was the big deal?
She confidently turned around to leave but then Alpha Thomas spotted her leaving and they were just talking about their kids with Alpha Blake. He smiled and called her out.
“Hey Artemis come on have a seat. We were just talking about you”
She squeezed her eyes shut and suppressed a growl. Then turned to face her father and smiled awkwardly.
“Ah, yes father” she walked slowly towards the chair and sat with difficulty as if the seat was burning. Alpha Thomas noticed her strange reaction but ignored it.
“I heard you two have already met. How did you meet?” asked Alpha Blake brightly.
He was happy internally to know that his son was close to a lady for a moment. He was always watching him, he avoided ladies like a plague and it made him wonder if there was something wrong with his second son. Unlike Mohan, Rahul was an easy going guy, he had a bunch of female friends and he interacted easily with them .
“I was leaving...
“He got lost while looking for the rest room and ended up in my secret room” Artemis cut in.
Everyone in at the table laughed at the statement. How can a cold blooded prince like Mohan get lost?
“That is quite a show, then what happened?”
“He mistakenly stepped on the key to the door and it got ruined. So we were stuck in there telling at one another till dawn”
Laughter filled the room again and Mohan was getting really pissed. How dare she shift all the blame to him? Who does she think she is? He tightened his grasp on the fork till his knuckles whitened. Arty noticed that and shifted away from him a little.
“Then how did you leave?”
“Father showed up and let us out this morning. I was so tired, I didn’t sleep a wink but he was sleeping like a pig all night” she sighed before laugher erupted again.
Mohan glared at her and grabbed her elbow under the table. She faced him her heart thudding loudly but didn’t allow herself to be intimidated by him she kept her cool and sneaked into his mind.
‘you let me go, or I might say something more embarrassing than that'
‘i dare you! I swear I will kill you myself'
‘am pretty sure you can’t do that, wouldn’t you like to have another kiss from me? Am sure it made your heart go crazy. Am sure you do prefer a kiss than being hanged outside the pack house for committing murder'
‘You disgust me!’ he hissed
Artemis snatched her arm off his grasp.
‘Sure I do Alpha, but it seems you enjoy it more than I do'
Mohan trembled in anger but tried to calm himself down. He wouldn’t give her a beating here, he will find a perfect moment to teach this spoil girl a lesson.
After the joke everyone wouldn’t avoid laughing about everything was alright. Everyone had breakfast peacefully except the two foes sitting beside each other. They kept touching hands mistakenly or colliding with each other every single time. Artemis was so mad, as soon as she was done with her meal, she stood up to leave but didn’t notice she was missing something she always has with her.
She rushed to her room and called Hector over. She was fuming in anger and wanted to wipe out that handsome devil from her sight. As soon as Hector entered the room she began speaking.
“We kissed!”
Hector almost collapsed. What? What was this little kitty saying?
“We? Who is we?”
“I forgot to tell you” she slapped her forehead dramatically “I kissed that Jack, I  Know what happened to me! But it was so natural and easy to like something that is in place. Like a fit in jigsaw puzzle. He almost marked me but I stopped him” she pulled on her hair like a mad man “it almost happened!”
Hector was so out of place. What was this girl saying?
“I get you Arty, now please try to relax and explain yourself slowly, OK?”
“Fine!” she grumbled but did as she was told.
“oh, now I get you. But why are you so mad? He’s not that mad, he is pretty good looking and am certain you must be the first woman he has kissed”
“First?” she scoffed “you must be kidding, he was so good and skilled, gosh I almost lost my mind”
Hector was confused again! It was so good and he was skilled as well. That means she enjoyed the kiss right? Now why was she creating a fuss about it?
He wouldn’t say that out loud or he would be skinned alive!
“Alright now what makes you mad?”
“He is behaving as if I wanted to kiss him as if I am the one wrong, and he is cold and so full of himself. He keeps threatening me that he will kill me”
“He is obviously trying to scare you!”
“And I warned him, if he keeps doing that I would kiss him again!”
Hector was so confused, she would kiss him? Again! Whose benefit was that if she was mad for being kissed? The guy would obviously getting the credit. This kid was now losing her mind to that handsome prince. He scratched the back of his neck and sat down trying to think with this difficult girl.
“So what do you want to do?”
“Capture him and beat the hell out of him. He will learn his rightful place!”
“BEAT him? Are you out of your mind Artemis? Come on why are you being this petty? Have you gone crazy? If your father finds out you will be in so much trouble. And I don’t think you should hold a grudge if you kissed him back. It was mutual, let it slide”
“So you are not helping me?” she frowned at him fiercely
“I would...
“Get out!” she yelled grabbing him by his good and pushing him out of the room accompanied with a kick but not too hefty to cause pain. She banged the door shut and closed it. She sighed staring into pace fiercely. Time to plot a move to beat the prince to pulp.
           ************
Mia spent the day cleaning and arranging their little house. She had spent a lot of time out with Gaby and in the pack house that she forgot entirely about her home. She always thought it would be over, Gaby’s habit of course. She tried talking it out of her but she never barged and she was so afraid of losing her friend when she was the only friend she had and she had lost her parents too. Gaby was the only one, bit now it seems like it was time to be a grown up take care of her brother and the last pieces of memory of her parents.
Their photos and clothes they wore and a few things they used was all was left of the two warriors. She loved them especially her father who was so dedicated to protecting the pack and the Alpha.
She can remember when she was six the way her father would scare her out if bed pretending to be a rogue that had come to attack her. Then he would laugh so hard till his stomach hurt then she would be so pissed. With time she learnt how to contain her fear and even how to fight. When she was 12 years old she was an expert. She was graceful in her moves and leant the tactic of hiding her scent and moving with the wind.
At least she wasn’t useless after all. She placed her father’s photo back in place and turned around to keep cleaning. Then two figures stood at the door scared her out of her wits. She yelped stepping back and knocking the photo off the cupboard smashing onto the floor. Then she clumsily slipped back and stepped on the shards of glass that dug into her flesh fiercely. She yelled falling on her butt.
The two figures watched in horror before they both rushed towards her.
“Mia ... Sister are you okay? Oh, you are bleeding am so sorry. We didn’t mean to scare you”
“Let me see your leg Veda” Rahul demanded seriously grabbing her leg without permission.
He lifted her leg closer and she gasped subconsciously. He was so focused that Mia held her breath as if in fear.
“It is so deep, I will try to pull it out.” He said trying to get it off but his hands trembled badly. It wasn’t his fault though, blood made him be this way, one of the reasons he didn’t want to be an alpha, blood made him get this kind of attacks. Instead he used his teeth to pull the glass out. Mia yelped tears streaming from her eyes uncontrollably. Rock rubbed her back staring at her with sad eyes. He was so worried.
“Don’t cry Mia ... You will make me cry too”
She was so engrossed in so much pain that she couldn’t hear him.
“Rock, get me the first aid kit please. This will take time to heal”
Christian rushed off and came back in seconds with the kit. Rahul immediately began cleaning and disinfecting the wound like a professional. He always did this at war, he helped the injured soldiers a lot, so treating wounds wasn’t too hard or new for him.
Mia was in so much pain that she thought she would pass out. She grabbed his hand tearfully and he paused to look at her. He felt moved and his wolf wouldn’t stop whimpering and whining all the time.
“Bite my shoulder if you want to scream. That will be much better.” He said
She nodded tearfully but wasn’t planning on doing that, but as soon as the disinfectant stringed on her open flesh she sunk her teeth into his massive shoulders and bit hard. Rahul smirked but kept going. When he was finally done, Mia had left massive teeth marks on his shoulder and some were bleeding.
“it will heal with no time, at least no infection at all” he answered and began cleaning the glasses and disposing the used cottons. Mia sat there watching the two move around. She hugged her knees closely feeling like a kid.
“Come on I will help you to the sofa” Rahul offered his hand and she took it even if she didn’t want to. She felt guilty for biting him yet the pain was meant for her only. As soon as she sat, Rahul was ready to go but she held him back looking at him tearfully. His heart leaped in his chest that he almost Lost balance. What was that?
He couldn’t understand why she made his heart misbehave a times.
“I should check in your shoulder too. I think I bit in a little too hard” she bit her lip guilty but as he stared at her, he suddenly had the urge to kiss her. He shook his head bringing himself back to his senses. He shouldn’t think of her in such a way. He shouldn’t!
“Am alright. I am strong” he smiled trying to assure her but she didn’t burge at all.
He let her have her way then. She undid his shirt buttons slowly and fearfully as he watched. If only she knew what kind of scene was playing in his head she wouldn’t tempt him this much. He watched the movement of her small fingers and then how a blush creepped to her cheeks when he was finally bare chested before him. He remembered how she had collided with him that morning when he was testing her. Then as she slowly pulled the shirt off his left shoulder he almost mourned because of the tingles he felt as her eyes fell on his skin. He was burning up and his heart drummed on his chest wildly and she was no better either. Her shy eyes suddenly dimmed and became sad as soon as she saw the wounds and the teeth marks. He felt sad at the pit of his gut. Her emotions were affecting his mood too and he didn’t understand what was happening.
“Am sorry” she said lowering her head.
“It’s ok Veda, it is no big deal. It will heal in an hour”
“But it will leave a scar!” she whined
And I would wish all the scars I posses on my body were caused by you.
What was he thinking? He was going out of lane now!
He smiled kindly “don’t worry, that will be a memory of how clumsy Veda Lopez is” he laughed when she glared at him and stood up.
“Rocky and I will finish the cleaning, at least he is not as clumsy as you are” he winked and left the living room where Mia was fuming in anger.
         Mohan was busy reading in his room as he always does when he has nothing to do. Somehow the memory of kissing the little stubborn girl was playing in his mind in flashes. It is not like he would want to kiss her again, but he had no idea why she always invaded his mind even when he had important to do. He sighed for the ampteeth time and shut the massive book he was reading. Just then a knock sounded at the door.
“Your highness I have a message for you from your brother”
“Come in” he answered indifferently.
“His highness would love to meet you at the southern wing at the location written” the servant passed the piece of paper scribbled a few words
“Thank you, you may leave” the servant retreated slowly and left
Mohan sighed, what was Rahul planning now? He grabbed his jacket anyway and went where he had been told to go. He walked for a while past the corridors and a few rooms then branched south following a narrow corridor. The walls were worn out and the area seemed ghostly and abandoned. Had Rahul found some fascinating stuff he wanted to show him? He wondered. It was likely an isolated area like this one was likely to have ancient or legendary stuff. And Rahul was a lover of mystery and ancient things
Once he was at the dead end with only a closed room staring right in front of him, his wolf whimpered. He suddenly wanted to leave the place immediately. But as soon as he turned around to leave, he was struck by a dark shadow that loomed over him menacingly. Then the door flew open and he was kicked inside before the door was shut!
       Artemis sat proudly in her room counting petals silently with a Broad smile on her lips. The sun was perfect, the warmth of the noon was amazing. She sniffed the petals and scattered them on her table with a smile.
... flowers are beautiful and they are formed with petals small but many. Small things bring about beauty. Despite the fact that flowers are beautiful, they are used in two different occasions. When happy and celebrating and when mourning...
Beauty is a beautiful irony, the most beautiful flower can be the poisonous one the same way the ugliest flower can be medicinal
She smiled as she placed the flower stalks on the table with a dangerous smile dancing on her lips.
Time to play!
Mohan woke up suddenly to find himself covered in darkness. What was going on? He could barely remember what happened. The last thing he remembers was standing in front of that door in the abandoned section of the southern wing. Now he was in complete darkness but thankfully his wolf power was so useful he could see something but it was just a chair at the far end of the room. The rest was rough walls and a dirty floor under his feet. He stood up cracked his neck and begun being useful, finding an exit of course. But there was none. Was he dreaming? What exactly was happening? Where was he? And Rahul who had called him?
Nothing made sense! He tried to find an exit with all means but... It seemed like he was stuck in that dark dungeon for some time. He tried mind-linking anyone who came to mind but it seemed like he wasn’t able to use his abilities either!
He grumpily sat back on the dirty floor. Then there was a loud blast in the far end and the scent of a female high ranked wolf filled the stupid dungeon. Who dares show up in such a crappy place? Or was that the person who lured him here? He stood up brushed his hair back waiting for whatever may be. To his surprise it was a short little lady standing in front of him, he almost laughed at himself. To make matters worse that height was only familiar and the scent was too good for his wolf he was already wagging his tail pleasantly even if he detected an unfriendly aura from the little miss.
“Who are you?”
He growled though he could tell who it was
“The end of you!” she responded with a rough voice.
So she also had the skill of impersonation? Wow she was really surprising.
“What do I owe you?”
“More than you can imagine you do.” She snarled and attacked instantly. He wanted to attack too but his wolf wasn’t complying with him. It was behaving strangely as if it was fascinated by the little lady attacking him. His strength wasn’t working with him either and she was having fun. She lives him, whipped him and dislocated his bones as she wished. His movements were slow he tried to counter the attacks but it seemed she was more skilled than he was. And what is that supposed to mean? He was an Alpha blood he new a lot, he has been to war. What does this little girl who has lived in a bed of cotton know more than him? He wasn’t pleased at all with how his wolf was behaving and weakening him, he hates this.
She was smiling at him through her mask, satisfied as if the victory and the world was all hers. She wiped the corner of her mouth where his punch had managed to reach and smirked.
“I didn’t know you were a toddler. You behaved all arrogant with me. But you are just a toddler a little tiny wolf who doesn’t even know how to fight. How useless, is this how you are going to protect the Blue moon pack? What a joke” she sneered at him arrogantly.
He watched her do as she wished but he wouldn’t admit to her that his wolf was unable to fight her. That wouldn’t work to his advantage, he will be a total mess, he knew it, she was crazy and this would make him even crazier than she was. She twisted her feet standing in a fighting stance it was clear this was her usual finishing method of fighting. It would be fatal, he knew... But his damn wolf wouldn’t comply with him. Was he helpless? He wasn’t he will shut off the damn wolf and protect himself this once
He had no idea this girl was a mad one. It is not that he could have avoided her, their meeting was mysterious.
“Don’t regret this Artemis”
“Why would I?” she smirked and charged towards him.
She was moving in a very petrifying speed twisting her left leg dangerously. Was she aiming for his rib? Kidney? Probably she was, he shut off Matt ready to counter the hit. To his surprise, she didn’t aim for his side instead her leg was curved his knee ramming into his chin then her elbow dug into his head. He saw stars and darkness for the longest time in his life. As she let go, her claw scrapped his cheek and that made him a wild animal he was. No one, absolutely no one was allowed to touch his face. Unless he has a death wish. His alpha blood boiled, his eyes turning red immediately, his first balled then before he knew it a blow had landed way too close to her left eye. She twirled around and fell into the dust in a thud, a cloud of dust blowing all over the dungeon. Then his wolf was back it whimpered as if it was the one that had been hurt. His heart squeezed painfully and he howled out in agony as he fell on his knees.
He watched the troublemaker laying there almost lifeless, he was weak and only his instincts were working. He crawled to her side and dragged her into his arms before darkness engulfed him.