CHAPTER 7:THE UNEXPLAINABLE

When Artemis came to her senses again, she found herself in the pack hospital. She was laying in bed in the hospital gowns she despised the most, her red hair was scattered on the pillow making a messy cloud. She loved her hair the most and seeing it like that infuriated her. She combed it back with her fingers and sat up. Her stomach growled loudly. She was hungry but again remembered she was angry as well. She couldn't clearly remember what happened down at the dungeon. She was planning to teach the arrogant alpha a lesson but had no idea it would end up this way. Wasn't he a man enough? Where did he get the guts to hit a woman? It was clear that she was the one in a mess and the cause of all the trouble but... She wouldn't admit it she was not the one at fault even if all fingers pointed at her.
She stepped out of bed yanked off the gown and pit on her clothes. She was about to walk out of the room when she heard a heated conversation from outside.
"She must have been the one who lured him down there. He himself has testified. Furthermore the handwriting on the letter he received is hers. It couldn't be Rahul, he was at the Gamma's house the whole morning"
"Why would she do that?" That was her father
"I have no idea maybe he annoyed her somewhat I don't really know. But it is clear she has a problem with holding back and keeping her anger at check." It was the beta who answered
"What about the bite on his neck?" The gamma chipped in. Artemis went into shock. Her eyes wide enough that they could pop out of their sockets. That is basically the worst thing she has ever done and it couldn't be forgiven, not even if her father was the Alpha.
She stepped away from the door.
"It looks old, but it is still fresh. Could she have attacked him the previous night?"
Artemis took another step back. This wasn't going to end well. She could feel it clear in her nerves. She was in trouble.
"It is possible, the stories I hear from the two are the same but I feel like there is something fishy going on. Artemis has not been herself since they collided and the alpha's son as well. He looks confused and falls into daze a lot" replied the gamma
"What should we do then?"
"We should interrogate them as soon as they are conscious, the Martinez and the Sanchez can't be enemies because of our little wolfs. The Reddened Sky park is already a huge load on our shoulders." Answered Alpha Blake.
"Let them be, we will get back later. We should go ahead and deal with other things" suggested Alpha Thomas and they all left.
Artemis stood behind the door her heart racing wildly. She was going to escape, she can't wait for another punishment and the fault was not hers at all. She didn't tell the silly alpha to be born arrogant and thoughtless. It was his fault she hit him. If she had been a little respectful and said sorry the previous night, all this wouldn't have happened. But all alpha's were the same they wouldn't submit or admit they are sorry, not unless it was to their mates and that didn't happen all the time.
She sighed scanning the hallways through the window. It was all clear, she stepped out slowly, cautious although her heart was beating a thousand miles a minute. She hates when she was this nervous or the one to run. Now she was playing the most disgusting role. Being the coward, being the one to run, being the guilty while a whole mass of an alpha was in bed sickly, or maybe not.
She walked through the halls swiftly but almost had a heart attack when a nurse appeared at the end of the hall. Now she wished she had the ability to disappear from that hall and find herself in another dimension. She was frustrated as she scrambled to reach for the door leading to a room up ahead. she burged inside and slammed the door shut that instant. She wanted to scream already. The nurse was walking as if she owned the whole world.
Walk faster you little kappas she screamed in her head but the young madam was taking her time. Artemis rolled her eyes and turned around only to come face to face with Mohan. He was in bed holding a small comic book in his right hand. The left had a drip. His neck had that bite she herself had made. Right next to the jugular vein, Vital. She hopped it do kill him but now it seemed like a mating mark. She shook her head fiercely at the thought and glared at the man who was staring at her coldlyas if he wanted to devour her.
She smirked and shrugged.
"Am not sorry" she said arrogantly
His lips curled upward slowly his eyes blazing red "I know you aren't, but you will be"
"What are you going to do? Get me punished? Do you think it would be the first?"
"Definitely not, you are clearly a troublemaker. I can't deny that but it ruins the essence of that beautiful face. It would have been a perfect match if you were ugly. Sadly you're a contradictory of the expected, or the normal" he said defiantly
"Oh, so you admit am beautiful?" She asked obstreperously
She walked slowly towards him her gaze fixed on the mark she had left on his neck. He glared at her coldly.
"What else do you want to admit Mohan?" She called his name seductively
"You aren't getting away with this, Artemis." He warned as his wolf had already started reacting towards the seduction play she was making
"Did I ever tell you that I like how my name rolls out of your tongue. Even when you scream it or try to make it sound disgusting " she smirked leaning towards him caressing his chest. She then grabbed his chin roughly. Mohan glared at her.
"It just sounds as beautiful as the owner"
"Artemis... Get away from me " he hissed. Matt was misbehaving on the other side. He didn't feel threatened at all, he was enjoying the attention instead.
"You said it again" she shifted her fingers to the two punchers on his neck. She caressed them slowly and in return Mohan didn't like the effect of her touch. He felt tickling, his wolf wagged its tail in excitement and his heart rate was speeding slow by slow. He slapped her hand off and glared at her.
"Get out of here this Instant Artemis. You are infuriating me and the outcome will not be as pleasant as you might anticipate"
She smiled and moved back a little but leaned in again their faces inches apart, noses almost touching. Mohan leaned back falling back on the pillows, he watched her. He didn't even have the slightest idea what was happening to him. His body was suddenly on fire and his heart was punching his ribs way too hard. He listened to her, her heart wasn't any better. It was as wild as his was, but she was good at suppressing it. She didn't show it she was playing tough. She placed her palm on his chest and felt his heart race, for some reason she was happy bit a part of her was annoyed. Annoyed by the fact that her heart wasn't any different, it was as if one was calling and the other was responding.
She lifted her eyes to his moist lips and suddenly she had the urge to lock her own. Then she looked into his eyes that were dark and unfocused. She remembered what transpired the previous night. The scene played perfectly, the heat, the urge and how intoxicated she was. His touch was magical, she felt light headed and everything had faded from existance at that second. Did she mention how secure she had felt to have him hovering all over her. The way he stared into her eyes loving and held her as if she was the most precious thing in his life?
She was in daze confused, as the same cloud of passion, desire and adoration filled his face. A small flame of happiness burnt deep down inside her.
She wanted to taste those lips again. He clearly would do the same, it was written all over his face. She didn't want to yet she wanted to. She was basically in turmoil she didn't know what to do.
But, he had taken her first kiss, right? What would be the problem if they kissed again? Besides he will be back to his pack soon and she will be left here. The chances of meeting again were minimal. It would be more of an affair or a one night stand. Though she wasn't planning to do that, it would be just kissing. She hoped his mate wouldn't be mad if he found out she had kissed an alpha twice out of free will.
But it wasn't time to think of having a mate. She had no excitement of finding one. But... She had to kiss this handsome enemy what would it cost her?
Nothing!
She thought
Then she closed her eyes and leaned in. Mohan was petrified, he wanted this but wasn't expecting it this soon or for it to happen. She hates him right? Why was she doing this? Did she want him to lose his mind? What was she up to?
Her lips touched his and at that instant all sanity was thrown out of the window. Will all their minds shut down it was only passion and desire that ruled at the moment.
He couldn't imagine how careful he was holding her, how he was effortlessly kissing her and showing her how to move, what to do and where to pinch to get the best results. He led her and she followed along as careful and as simply as he was showing her. He grabbed the back of her head a.nd tilted it. Maybe from another angle his thirst could be quenched in one way or another. But it couldn't they were too hungry for each other but didn't know where that hunger was coming from.
It was strange and confusing. Then his canines dug into her lips and she had no thought of holding back a honey like mourn that set him in flames.
Only if they weren't running out of breath this would have gone far and turning back would be impossible. If only sanity hadn't attacked them that instant and opened their eyes, they might have done the unexplainable right there.
They were panting looking at each other in confusion, but none of them was regretful. They drew apart without a word. No one said anything only their breaths filled the room and their arousal that stuffed their nostrils nothing else was there.
Artemis turned away and walked towards the window. She pushed it open just a single floor high and around two hundred metres away was the Artemis river and the forest up ahead. The two hundred metres was just grass tall enough to conceal her. She didn't want to be seen since her wolf was almost red, it's fur resembled that of a red fox. The grass was useful it would conceal her. She climbed on the window stared at the reflection of Mohan on the window pane. He was staring at her intently.
You are under my spell kiddo, you ain't mine but I can rule over you. How is that called? Slavery or stupidity? She said to him mentally
You are just unexplainable, a moment you hate me. You want to kill me but the other you are kissing me as if you would lose me the next second. What am I to you? What did you do to my wolf? He questioned himself silently
Artemis jumped off the window shifting mid air are landing on her forelimbs on the grassy field. She does off towa the river in a terrific speed and leaped over landing her paws on the dirty forest floor.
She sniffed around and could smell a pond up ahead, the little place she spent time alone with no one else other than herself.
She sped off towards the direction her mind flowing back to Mohan. How they had met, she fought him hated him yet she kissed him and she didn't feel guilty. She thought she was not in her right mind. She should regret it right? Feel like she had dishonoured her mate, feel like a bad girl who was doing intolerably shameful things with a man. But she didn't feel so, instead she wanted to explore some more.
She wanted him suffering this morning wanted to hit him hard till he learnt his lesson. She wanted to blame it on him. Maybe she was insane and he was the sane one, he should have stopped her, right?
She couldn't understand why he hadn't fought back when she was but she do struck her unconscious when she scratched his face. It seemed he loved his face most just the way she loved her hair. He didn't hurt her though he could and had the urge to.
Then just a moment ago, she couldn't resist the urge, at all she couldn't. She thought this time she can do something different maybe ignore his eyes or how tempting his lips were bit she didn't. She collapsed her bitterness was gone the moment he looked at her like that. To make matters worse, she was the one who initiated it. She do though she will be guilty, but she wasn't. It felt right again yet she wasn't really sure if it was right at all. She was confused, he didn't look like a play boy at all. And she was also sure that if another girl tried to kiss him, he wouldn't accept it. What was wrong? Was there a missing piece?
She had no time to think further she was suddenly swept off her feet and knocked unconscious.