KABANATA II.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

It was Sunday, meaning, you and your parents will have to go to the Church. Celia woke you up two hours before the mass, so that you'll have enough time to get ready.

You assumed that she was instructed by your mother to help you get ready. As if I couldn't do that myself. You rolled your eyes. They treated you like you were a piece of glass; ready to break if not handled gently. You understood that they're doing this because you're their only child. But sometimes... they're a little overwhelming.

"Señorita...?" Celia's voice cut your thoughts, you blinked, before turning to her. She was holding two dresses for you to choose from. "Ano po ang gusto niyong isuot para sa misa?"

You cleared your throat. You pointed to the beautiful blue dress that she was holding in her left hand. "Sa tingin ko, babagay 'yan sa pamaypay ko." You gestured to the fan that's on your bedside table.

She nodded, placing the blue dress gently on your bed, before putting the green one back in your closet. She helped you put the dress on, along with your jewelry. She also put a light make up on your face.

She fetched your fan from your vanity, and you thanked her as she handed it to you. You put on your shoes, before walking out of your room with Celia.

As you went down the stairs, you saw your parents talking to each other in the living room.

"Mamma. Pappa." You greeted them. They kissed your cheeks when you neared them, before you three went to the dining room to eat your breakfast.

"Malapit na ang kaarawan mo, anak. Anong gusto mong gawin?" Your father asked you.

You turned to him, wiping your mouth with a napkin, "Kahit ano po, pappa. Ayos naman po sa akin kung simple lang."

Your mother shook her head. "Hindi pwede, anak. Kaarawan mo iyon!"

Your father nodded, agreeing with her statement. You frowned, "Kayo na lang po ang masusunod, mamma..."

They both frowned as well, looking at each other. Your mother hummed, before turning to your father, presumably discussing what they should do on your birthday.

After you finished your meals, it was time for you to go. Celia is always not far behind, taking an umbrella to protect you from the harsh rays of the sun as you walk towards your carriage.

The Church was actually just a walking distance. But, knowing your parents, they wouldn't allow you to walk such a distance. Especially under the harsh rays of the sun. And so, walking is not a choice. The carriage stopped when you reached the Church. Celia came down first, to assist you. After your father and mother got down, you followed them, and got down with Celia's help.

When Celia was sure that you're all fine, she took the umbrella from the carriage and opened it, holding it for you as you walked towards the Church doors after your parents.

The townspeople greeted your family cheerfully, your father waving to some of them, even shaking their hands. Your mother remained at his side, smiling at the people. She turned to you from time to time, to ensure that you're fine.

The people also greeted you, complimenting you when you walked past them. You didn't manage to thank all of them, because they were too many. You smiled at them.

When you entered the Church, Celia closed the umbrella and held it, and remained a few steps behind you. There were a few people inside, and they greeted you and your parents. Your father shook some of the men's hands, while your mother talked to some ladies that she knew. You placed your hand atop of Celia's offered arm, greeting the people as you walked past them.