[Chapter 3] - The Shepherds

(POV - 3RD)

When Rex had awoke to this world without any memories of his original identity or life, he had not expected himself to quickly adapt to this unknown land but he won't be complaining.

Especially when his newfound body and abilities are currently keeping himself alive by actively defending itself from enemy attacks as well as the current situation even though it shouldn't make any sense for the Dovahkiin character to be this physically strong.

"DIE YOU BASTARD!" A bandit screamed as he lunged at the Dragonborn with an axe raised to hack him into pieces.

"No you." Rex responded swiftly, stepping aside as the axe fell harmlessly in front of him along with the bandit holding it.

Taking advantage of this exact moment of weakness, Rex raised his own hand before chopping it down onto the bandit's neck without much resistance and in return, the Dragonborn only heard a sickening crunch as the man's head dangled limply off his body.

One hit, one kill and again, he isn't complaining.

Though Rex seriously thought the Dragonborn wasn't this physically strong when he played the game multiple times but then again, said character was able to carry up to thousand pounds of cheese wheels along with other objects inside their Inventory.

"ARCHERS! SHOOT HIM DEAD NOW!!" 

The Dragonborn turned to see a volley of arrows being pelted in his direction and without hesitation, he grabbed the corpse at his feet before raising it up in front of him, hearing the sickening sound of flesh being pierced repetitively and leaving him unharmed.

Rex tossed the corpse away before he intercepted another bandit leading the charge against him by sweeping him off his feet before grabbing the bandit by the leg. The Dovahkiin then proceeded to smash the still screaming and squirming bandit in his grasp onto his brethren.

It would have been quite a comedic situation had it not been for the fact that the bandit being throttled around is also losing his limbs from the sheer force of Rex's swings.

In just a few swings, the bleeding limbless torso of the bandit flew off and Rex was stuck holding a piece of leg by itself as he looked around to see some of the still alive bandits looking somewhat traumatised and hesitant now as he dropped the leg.

Good.

"Who's next?" Rex questioned, mockingly holding his hands apart.

"MAGES! NOW!!" A bandit screamed as the Dragonborn saw a few balls of flames shot right at him in close repetition.

The Dragonborn took one glance at the incoming fiery projectiles before he sidestepped them all in rapid succession, the attacks appearing to have slowed down the closer they got which gave Rex an ample amount of time to counteract.

He harmlessly brushed past one last fireball before walking towards the bandits, some of them having regained their wits as they charged at him screaming war-cries which earned an eyeroll from the Dovahkiin; what use will screaming do if you're going to die?

The first victim ran at him with an axe once more which Rex sidestepped before grabbing the tip of a spear thrusted at his side, he pulled the weapon and its owner forward to him and then proceeded to rip the polearm right out of the bandit's hands.

Said man had no time to react before he saw his own weapon's tip pierce his skull, the force behind the blow strong enough to upheave the dangling corpse into the air which Rex quickly swung off in a bloody arc.

Rex raised the spear which blocked a sword and then proceeded to use his other hand to grab another bandit by the wrist which he quickly broke, earning a howl of pain from the bandit as he dropped his axe but the Dragonborn wasn't done yet.