Mentee ⏳💙 x Daughter Reader pt.2

A/n

Your birthday is just a couple months after your death, and Leo left the resistance to morn. After a while his brothers insist he does something, and he has to mentor one of your old metees.

(Casey is 7-9 in this)

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------

3rd person POV

Leo had been counting the days until your birthday. He had still be morning your loss, not a couple months ago. His brothers moved on a little faster, but they still missed you dearly. 

Because of your loss, Leo needed a break from the resistance and all of his duties, till he could fulfill his responsibilities accordingly. You had been gone for a couple of months and he still wasn't acting like he usually was. Due to Leo's absence as the head of the resistance, commander O'Neil took his place, in the mean time. 

The day you had died, had been the day that many others had died too. Because many people in the resistance died, people had to work double time, and take two or more jobs. Leo's brothers understood he was still morning, but he was one of the most important people of the resistance, they needed him.

"Hey, Leo. Could we talk to you for a minute?" Donnie said, knocking on the door. Leo looked up to see Donnie. He was waiting in the doorway,with Mikey behind him, looking worried. Leo was currently meditating, and trying to get his mind off of you.

"Sorry if we are bothering you, but how are you holding up?" Mikey said, walking over slowly. 

"I've been worse, but I've also been better." He said, closing his eyes and going back to meditating. 

"Look Leo, we get your morning, but why don't you come back to the resistance. We need you there." Donnie said, standing in front of him. 

"Hey, we think you should maybe try a mentorship, and train one of the beginners." Mikey said nervously, hoping Leo wouldn't get mad.

"A mentorship?! Why do you want me to do that?! There are so many other things I'd I could do, and I'm busy. You said I could take as long as possible to morn." Leo said, clearly disliking the idea.

"But Leo, this mentee is different. It's one of the people Y/n used to mentor. Also since you know her passing, we need you to train someone. She was the future of the resistance, and now that she is gone, we need you to mentor someone else." Donnie said, trying to convince him.

"So you want me to just replace Y/n! We can't replace her!" He said, getting up.

"Nobodies replacing her, okay Leo. We just need you to mentor someone else, that's all." Donnie said, backing away from him a little bit.

"We all miss her, okay? You also know who your mentee is. It's Cassandra's son. You remember Casey right?" Mikey said.

"When do I have to start." Leo said annoyed, giving up.

"We were hoping today." Mikey said.

"Today?! Why today of all days. Don't act like you don't know what today is. You really want me to replace her on her birthday." Leo said. Mikey and Donnie just looked away. 

"It's just the sooner, the better okay?" Donnie said. "Please do this, the resistance needs you." 

"Fine." Leo said, looking away and crossing his arms.

"We can bring him over here, and get you both started, in a couple of hours okay?" 

"Alright, see you then." He said, giving a small wave to his brothers, as they left the room. He was not going to like this.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Leo lied in bed, alone with his thoughts, until he heard a knock at the door. He turned to see Casey waiting at the door, slightly hiding behind it.

"Ummm, hello." He said, giving a small wave. "Master Donatello and Master Michelangelo just dropped me off. They said they were busy and that they couldn't stay." He said. Leo motioned him to come in, and he walked into the room. 

"Your one of Y/n's mentees, right?" Leo asked, trying to act happy and welcoming. He nodded, and walked a little closer. 

"Do you miss her?" He asked. Leo looked away, sadly.

"Of course I miss her, she was my daughter. You must miss her too. I mean you two were probably closer than me and her. It feels like I barely saw her." He said, looking back. 

"You ready to get started. I mean that's why your hear, right? Come on let's head over to the dojo." He said, getting up and motioning for Casey to follow. 

He opened the sliding door of the dojo, where you and him used to train. When you had to move location, you'd also have your beginner classes in this room, for a short period of time before you could find somewhere else to train. 

"You remember this place, right? It's been a while hasn't it?" Leo said. 

"Yeah." Casey said. "So what are we going to do first?" He asked.

"How about sparing. That way we can see what you know." He said.

"Okie dokie!" Casey ran up at Leo, and he blocked him. He tried to hit him again, but he blocked him. He tried on more time, and he was able to lightly punch his face. 

"Hey good one, Case! Now try and see if you can block." He said. Casey nodded and started to dodge and block his punches. 

An hour or two had gone by and Leo was having more fun than he ever had in months. The two decided to take a break after a while, and get something to eat before Mikey and Donnie came to pick him up. 

Leo decided to go eat on the edge of a small cliff, where he always ate at when he watched the sunset with you. It wasn't to far from his place, and it was really beautiful. 

"Did you have fun?" Leo asked.

"Mhm. This is the most fun I had in a while. I haven't been able to spare in a while, so this has been fun!" He said, eating his food.

"You know you remind me a lot of Y/n. The way you fight is almost identical. And overallyou just act like her kinda. I'm sorry for being so unwelcoming,when we first met. I just wasn't ready to move on. I'm glad I met you." 

"Me too!" Casey said. 

"Hey you two. I thought you'd be here." Mikey said, waving at them. They both turned around to see Mikey and Donnie coming to pick him up. "Did you two have fun together?"

"Yep!" Casey said.

"Alright well let's get going now. It's almost your bed time." Donnie said, taking his hand. Then Leo walked over to Mikey.

"Thank you." Leo said. 

"No problem. Same time tomorrow?"

"Can't wait."

------------------------------------------------------------

1111 words

Thank you for reading!

Constructive criticism is always appreciated

Have a great day! Ye! 💙