Black | April 🖤

I thought I'd write something for black history month, so please enjoy. 

April comes back from a horrible day at work. One of the customers there were really racist, and of course she knows that she's more than her skin color,but some of the stuff she said, still hurt. 

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------

3rd person POV

April had just come home to your shared apartment. She felt like she was about to completely break down, due to one her customers at the restaurant she works at. She opens the door to the your bedroom, to see you quietly sleeping, snuggling into the blanket.

You had worked the night shift at your job, so you slept a lot during the day. Both of your jobs left you time to be together though, so she was happy for that. Usually once she got home, she would wake you up, so you can get ready. 

She carefully crawled into bed, and hugged your sleeping body. You were so warm and cozy. She wished she never had to leave you again, especially to go to work. She gave you a soft kiss on the lips, and you started to stur. You opened your eyes to see your beautiful girlfriend, and smiled. 

"Good morning, Hun. How'd you sleep?" She said, still hugging you around your waist. You kissed her lips softly and smiled. 

"I slept great. How was work?" You asked. You immediately saw the smile on her face drop at the question. You began to worry a little bit, wqondering what happened. 

"Oh, nothing. Its just been a long day at work, that's all." She said, reassuring you that she was completely fine, and that you shouldn't worry to much about the topic. You however, weren't buying it. 

"Love, you don't have to tell me what happened, but please don't lie. Be honest, please." You said, letting go of the hug, and grabbing her hands. You rubbed the backs of her hands with your thumbs to reassure that she can be vulnerable with you, and that you wouldn't judge her. 

"It's just, one of the customers I was serving was a little racist." She said, sadly. A little disappointed in herself, for caring so much about what that one person thought of her. 

"What all did she say?" You asked, seeing that she was really bothered by it.

"She just said that I was lazy and incompetent, for being black. She made fun of the way I talked too." She said, on the verge of a complete breakdown. You placed a your hands on her cheeks as she started to cry, quietly. 

"You know the color of your skin doesn't define who you are. Same for the way you talk or act. I love you just the same." You said, wiping the tears from the side of her face, as she wept. 

"I know, I know, it's just the way she described me, it's just- some of it felt true. I am lazy and incompetent, and I-I she's right about me." She said, moving you hands off of her face, looking away. 

"Love, your so perfect, I promise. Don't listen to what she thinks. Your not lazy. You work harder than anyone else I've ever known. I really admire that about you. And I think your voice is beautiful, and angelic. It's so pretty. Please don't listen to her." You said, and she smiled. 

"You really think that about me?" She said, looking back at you, smiling  just as much when she first saw you snuggled up in bed. 

"Of course I do." You said, placing your hands on her cheeks. Then she did the same to you. You both shared a long soft kiss together. After you pulled away, you wiped her tears of joy, off of her face, and smiled. 

"I love you so much, baby." You said, in a whisper. Then you kissed her cheek. 

"I love you too, Hun. You always know how to make me feel better. You mean so much to me." She said, kissing your cheeks back. 

"You wanna cuddle together?" You asked, hugging her, around her waist. She chuckled, and hugged back. 

"Don't you have work in like an hour?" She said, laughing and smiling. 

"Well yeah, but I can always call in sick, if you need it." You said, snuggling into her collar bone. "Plus I doubt IHOP is going to be really busy at twelve in the night." You said, breathing in her scent.

"Your my favorite person, don't you know that?" She said, signing. Then she snuggled into you too. 

"Yeah, I know." You said, drifting to sleep, holding your beautiful girlfriend. 

-------------------------------------------------

772 words 

Sorry this is so short

I think in my most recent parts, I've been getting to the point to quickly, and the part gets to short. I'll try my best to make them longer. 

Thank you for reading

Constructive criticism is always appreciated

Have a great day

Ye 🖤