4- Her Sentence

Her routine was simple; Dungeon by morning, trials at noon and bedroom by night. She went to bed every night in his arms to his sweet loving and his kisses every morning before he snuck her back in the dungeon. She felt like a teenage girl again even though she didn't frolic around at that time.

"You look dreamy for a prisoner," she snapped out of her thoughts at the sound of Ariel's voice.

The former Gamma strode into her cell one evening, eyeing Anastasia suspiciously but she soon smiled and rushed to hug her. Anna met her halfway, throwing her arms around her body as she inhaled her scent. All these weeks, she felt she had been abandoned but the moon goddess had sent a mate her way.

"I've missed you," Anna confessed.

"Me too. We don't have much time. The guards only gave me twenty minutes. I'm not supposed to be near you," Ariel rubbed her eyes under her glasses.

After Weston's death, the women in his organisation all lost their positions and they had Anna to blame for that.

"I'm sorry," she apologised again. "I tried my best to come sooner. I've been hearing about the trial. The new Alpha is hellbent on saving you," those words made Anna smile and her eyes watered. She knew he wouldn't let her down but it was good to know he kept his word.

"I wonder how much Weston must've told him about you for him to believe you so much," Ariel was truly happy. "Also, you smell like roses and rich perfume- almost like you had a bath or something."

Anna simply smiled and opted to tell the truth to a person she considered her childhood friend. They talked at length and Ariel was extra silent.

"So that's why he defends you with all his might," she mumbled after Anna was done speaking. "But he's married and according to what I hear, the Luna is his mate-"

Anna shook her head, confident in the story that Levi had told her, "It's all just an act. He needed his parents off his back so he married her abroad."

Ariel, however, squinted her eyes, "Have you seen how they look at each other? They are in love, Anna. I don't know what you two have together but I'm sure you can smell the mated mark on him."

She could and every time she did, it was like a painful tug at her heart. She wished she could cover the mark with her own but Anna didn't want to get ahead of herself.  She was going to be patient with it. First she needed to clear her name, get out of here and then she would think on what to do.

"I know," she lifted her head with pride. "It'll be alright."

Ariel blinked in shock for a while before grabbing her by the shoulder, "Okay. Who are you and what have you done to my prideful friend who would rather die than settle for less?"

"I'm a prisoner," Anna shrugged.

"Fair enough," Ariel giggled. "Just be careful. I just want you out of here and if things don't go as planned, I'm busting you out and I mean it."

Anna nodded but she decided to believe in her mate a little more. She had never relied on anyone in her life- it was something too strange to do. Even Weston wasn't left out. Sometimes he had to remind her he was Alpha so he could have his way.

"Are you allowed to be here?"

Ariel flinched at the Alpha's voice and quickly pulled away from Anastasia whose wolf was getting all excited at the scent of her mate. When she laid eyes on him, she couldn't help the smile that lifted her lips. It had been a week yet it felt as though the flames of her desires increased each second of every day.

"Anna," she blinked back to the present and found that Ariel was gone. Did he send her away? She didn't even know when that happened. Anyways, she was alone with her mate now and the way he stared at her told her a lot of things.