7- Don't leave

In his dimly lit room, he poured himself a drink and walked with the drink in his hand, moving around with a file in his hands. The smell of whiskey hit his nose before he swallowed the drink in one gulp.

It burned his throat and at the image of red flames, her beautiful red hair waltzed in his thoughts. He gripped the cup too tight. Oh how badly he had stopped himself from holding her longer.

She felt so soft, so small and so right in his arms. She was simply perfection.

But the way she stared at him. Her eyes were cautious and she acted as though he were a threat.

Did she not feel the mate bond? Surely she did. Why was she trying to deny him and pretend she didn’t feel it? How long would she keep this up?

He had never considered himself a patient man. He didn’t want to wait for her to relax around him. His hands itched to claim her. His teeth wanted to bury themselves in her neck. He wanted to inhale her sweet sweet scent.

She smelled like wild fucking roses. How was that even possible?

He walked back to his desk where his lamp sat and he dumped the file there. This was his next mission.

He had treated this carelessly and just handed it down to the others. At first, he didn't want to bother himself with it. His head had been quiet for a while. The madness had stopped and Leiken seemed to have taken a rest.

He dropped the glass cup on his desk and he headed for his window. He liked to stare out at the evening sky on days when he didn’t know how to feel.

"This is a mess," he sighed and ruffled his silver hair. "I want to carry her again," he said to himself as he enjoyed the view. He could see the whole mansion from here. He felt like a god-

What was that? He didn’t need to squint his eyes at the figure on the ground who made her way towards the gate. Her bandaged arm was covered in the long sleeved leather jacket she wore and her red hair was let loose.

What did she think she was doing? Where was she going? That wasn't the way to the bathroom. She was going to the bathroom, right? Because if she wasn't then she didn’t know how tight he squeezed his fist as he tried to control his anger. His face however looked different; he was smiling.

His smile was wide as he watched her go. With wide eyes he stared too.

How could she think to run away from him? How could she run away from her own mate?

"Ha- haha!" he laughed with a smile on his face. "She's so wicked!" he concluded as he dug his hands in his pocket and took out his phone. He kept his eyes on her and he dialled the number. With each ring, his anger reached a new level but he had to admit, watching her from behind was a beautiful sight.

"Yes, sir?" the security at the other end replied professionally.

"My guest is escaping," he said and turned back to his desk. "Stop her," he paused and quickly added, "If you touch her, I'll kill you."

No one was allowed to discover how soft she was. He'd take their hands first and burn it to ashes, then cut off their heads to kill the memories of it.

"Y-Yes, sir!"

He hung up.

He stared at the file once more before he flipped it open. What had he missed?

Name: Anastasia Robie
Age: Thirty-one

"Oh!" he tilted his head to the side. "She's older than me," he raised his hand and counted his fingers. He had never been good at maths. " Nine years."