feeling it

"Do you eat here often?" Seokmin asked as soon as the waiter left with their order. "They seem to know your order."

It was almost 7 PM when they arrived at the restaurant. Jisoo's driver, who was a very intimidating man drove them to this fancy restaurant a couple of blocks from the hotel. Apparently it was one that Jisoo frequented often.

Jisoo let out a small chuckle. It still amused him to see that Seokmin didn't realize the influence he had on this world. Although he had only been to the restaurant a few times, the staff had already memorized what he usually order, which included the red whine.

He took a sip of the drink, "Only when I come down here to check up on the hotel. I'm guessing it's your first time here,"

"Hmm, I don't usually come to fancy restaurants unless someone invites me. But I do feel a bit underdressed honestly,"

Although the last part was said softly, Jisoo still caught what he had said.

"You look beautiful," said Jisoo, quickly dismissing Seokmin's statement. His compliment blushing up Seokmin's cheeks to the extent he could feel them warming up. "What do you eat then?"

He felt a desire to learn more about Seokmin.

"I usually eat at home," Seokmin explained. "Mostly mom's cooking, sometimes i cook too"

"Do you live with your parents?"

Seokmin shook his head. "I live by myself, but my parents live in suburbs an hour away. They know I intentionally skip meals because of my lazy ass so my mom will occasionally fill my fridge with dishes. It's easier to heat them when needed than the whole cooking process"

Jisoo looked at him in surprise. He didn't seem like the type who would be lazy to even eat food. He was just probably exaggerating.

"I know, I'm literally a lazy grandpa trapped in a 27 years old body." Added Seokmin when Jisoo's face held bewilderment.

"No, it's not that," Jisoo denied quickly. "I just- you just don't really look like a type to laze around,"

"Oh believe me, if there was any reward for lazing around I could always win them"  Seokmin let out an unmanly snort, to which he quickly covered his mouth, his eyes wide in shock. Why did he covered his mouth? He don't know!

Jisoo was amused and he let out a small chuckle.

"Stop laughing at me," Mumbled Seokmin, pouting. He covered his face with his hands in embarrassment.

"Don't be shy, it was cute" Jisoo reached over and gently pried his hands away from his face.

Their eyes met, both refusing to look away. After a couple of seconds Seokmin was the first to drop the eye contact, his gaze falling down to the table. He couldn't help but feel attracted to the man sitting infront of him. There was something about Jisoo made Seokmin feel drawn to him.

It was odd to see a gentle Jisoo and he seemed to notice that he was the complete opposite from their first encounter. And somehow Seokmin was falling for this Jisoo.

"You know I could've paid," Jisoo muttered giving Seokmin an unamused look.

Seokmin let out a loud laugh at the other's crestfallen expression. It was past 8 when they finished dinner, and Jisoo suggested for a walk down to the pier. Seokmin agreed immediately since he was enjoying Jisoo's company and wanted to spend some more time getting to know him. He was also stuffed and wanted to go on a little walk.

But of course, there was always room for dessert.

Now the two walked side by side down the pier, holding icecream cones in their hands. Seokmin had opted for the strawberry cone while Jisoo chose chocolate.

"Yes, but you paid for dinner Jisoo," grinned Seokmin, as Jisoo grumbled something under his breath about how he paid because he was the one who invited him to dinner.

They continued to walk down the pier, as a comfortable silence fell between them. The only sounds heard were the waves and the click-claking sounds their foot made against the pier's floor boards. Couples and familes walked beside them chattering among themselves.

Spotting a bench, Seokmin steered Jisoo towards it and sat down. Jisoo sat next to him as they looked out into the ocean, silently finishing up their cones.

Jisoo was the first to broke the silence, "What are you thinking so hard about?"

He turned to look at the boy beside him who seems to lost in his thoughts. The light from the shops that lined the pier shined on his figure, making him look like an angel.

"Just remembering the last time I came here," replied Seokmin, brushing his pants incase he dropped any crumbs.

"On a date?" Jisoo enquired, his figure unknowingly tensing up at the thought of him coming here with another guy. Although he wouldn't be surprised since this Pier was known to be a popular place for couples to go on dates.

Seokmin nodded his head.

"The only time I came here was that day with Jaehyun," started Seokmin, reminiscing that time. "We were both stressed from work, we argued, fought, I cried, at the end he left."

"I'm sorry, I didn't meant to pry" Apologized Jisoo, knowing that this was a sore topic for him.

Seokmin let out a small chuckle, shook his head, "No need to be sorry, Jisoo. I don't want to forget it. I need that memory to constantly remind me that it wasn't my fault actually- that we couldn't work out,"

His smile still not leaving his face, as Seokmin turned to look at Jisoo. He had a soft gaze on him as he stared right back at him. Slightly embarrassed for getting caught staring, he turned to look at the black ocean.

"The future is always filled with unknowns" began Jisoo. "But, I think I already knew that this would be the path I would walk on. My whole life was me preparing to take over the company for my dad,"

"Are you not happy that this was your path?"

"Of course I'm happy," sighed Jisoo. And he was happy despite the small feeling of loneliness tugging on his heart. "I just wish I could've done more things for myself"

"So why don't you start doing things for yourself?" Asked Seokmin, gazing at the man next to him.

"It's not that easy," muttered Jisoo. His eyes still on Seokmin. Jisoo don't know what this boy had so different from everyone else he ever laid his eyes on. Yet he was sure, there was something, something about Seokmin was making him go crazy, feel things he never felt before and do things he'd never done.

And for the first time in his life, Jisoo felt like doing things for himself. He felt like he needed Seokmin like this, next to him, forever.

"Close your eyes" Seokmin suddenly ordered, making Jisoo's eyes widen in surprise. He raised his eyebrows, questioning him. "Close it,"

Seokmin nodded his head with a determined look, as he urged the latter. And with Seokmin's eyes on him, Jisoo closed his eyes.

Before he could think twice about what he was about to do, Seokmin quickly leaned over and gave Jisoo a peck on the cheek. "Let's get going then,"

Giving him one last smile, Seokmin quickly stood up, made his way back with his cheeks flushed. Jisoo remained in that position, seemingly unable to comprehend what had just happened.

He had kissed him.

On the cheek.