better the future

"It's wasn't a date, Kwan!" Seokmin's voice reaching a highnote, as his hand fumbles around the papers on the table, trying to look busy just to avoid his best friend's eyes.

Seungkwan smirks, "Then are you implying Jisung lied?"

Seokmin shot the boy a scary glare at the mention of his name. Jisung, being the innocent he is effortlessly failed the attempt to look nonchalant. "I can bring you coffee, Seungkwan hyung" says Jisung, as he ran out of the office room before his boss would eat him alive.

"Now stop glaring at him," Seungkwan sat down infront of Seokmin, his eyes forced to cutoff from the retrieving figure. "And tell me how did you end up with the asshole CEO anyway?"

Seokmin was never a good liar. Eventhough his mouth would act around the way he wants his eyes would give it away, too easily for his liking. So of course, he won't be able to keep it secret from Seungkwan behalf of that they told eachother everything.

So Seokmin starts from the beginning, rapid at the beginnings since Seungkwan already knew them. Eventually reaching their encounter at the work vaguely explaining how he ended up going out with him eventhough he was determined to don't get his hopes up incase he was just being friendly for the sake of business.

Seokmin even tells him how Joshua was so caring and been the greatest greenflag all over the night, purposefully leaving out the information about the little reward Seokmin had given him on the cheek at the heat of the moment. But bragged about how Jisoo made sure he was safely inside before he left with the driver, how he felt a smile made it's way upto his face at Jisoo's thoughtfullness. That night he sent him a good night text, and how it caused Seokmin's heart to flutter.

"You're in love" Seungkwan announced, bringing Seokmin back to reality.

"What?" Confused, Seokmin looks towards Seungkwan- who sat leaned against the chair with the proud but nonchalant gesture.

"I said you're dumb if you can't figure out what exactly is happening with you." Seungkwan smiles as the latter just pouted. "Now it's not about Jaehyun, right? You liked the date? You like him, don't you?"

Seokmin stares at him, and just stares.

Seungkwan have always been by his side. And for the past months, he have been Seokmin's main caregiver since he and Jaehyun broke up. And Seokmin knew how badly the younger wanted to fuck up Jaehyun for worsening his bestfriend's mental health. So Seungkwan worked hard pursuing the elder to go on the date- Seokmin's mother had put upfront.

Jaehyun was villain there too. Him was the best when they were together and him made Seokmin cry the most when they part ways. And he couldn't risk that factor, it could happen again. Hong Jisoo could be an another Lee Jaehyun in his life.

"I don't know, Kwan." There's a dejected feeling in his heart that he couldn't help but ignore. "Jaehyun was enough to taught me a lesson,"

Seungkwan knew Seokmin now refused to show off his feelings publically with the fear of someone making fun of it and using it against him. He walks upto the elder, caressing the others cheek gently, and whispers. "There's something that you want Seok, and I think you found it in him or atleast you are looking for it in him."

"Go ahead," Seungkwan kisses Seokmin's temple. "Forget your past and Jaehyun. If that guy is your future, it'll happen with it's flow. Just don't run away, okay?"

Seokmin finally nodded his head, looking at Seungkwan with that same assuring smile, that he had always given his bestfriend. The younger was everything he asked for whenever he was feeling down. And Seungkwan is great with his choice of words as Seokmin felt a heavy weight finally left him.

"And still if something goes wrong, don't worry I can beat up his ass," Seungkwan dramatically highkicks the air as Seokmin laughs, again and again.

"Hyung, someone is here," Jisung announced, knocking on the door. Seokmin and Seungkwan stopped. Confused, he looks towards the door to see nobody behind Jisung. He don't remember seeing an appointment scheduled for 12PM on his calendar.

"I didn't had a-"

Seokmin froze, his eyes widening as a sudden figure appeared next to Jisung. A small smirk appeared on his face as he stared at Seokmin's confused state.

"Jisoo," His voice cameout breathlessly as he was still in shock. "I wasn't aware we were scheduled to meet."

"I know, I just wanted to see you"

A smile appeared on his face as Seungkwan clears his throat. The CEO finally noticing someone other Seokmin in that room. He keeps his posture his one had rested on his pocket while the other extended towards the latter. "Jisoo"

Seungkwan shakes hand with him. "Who wouldn't know the CEO of Hong Industries." He smiles. "Boo Seungkwan, bestfriend to Seokmin. Nice meeting you Mr Hong."

"I'll leave you two to it then," Seungkwan gave Seokmin a subtle wink before he walked out dragging Jisung along closing the door behind, leaving the two alone.

Seokmin was still in shock, stood looking at Jisoo, as if he was an alien. The latter coughs twice. "Did you eat lunch yet?"

"No, I haven't" Seokmin said. Like usual he had completely forgotten about lunch. "At least, not yet."

Jisoo let out a sigh of relief. He knew he should've texted him before he came to his office, but it was a spontaneous decision. He just wanted to see him, he had to make some things clear with the other before he go mental.

"Then can I take you out on that lunch date you promised me?"