Prologue

Hope y'all enjoy.

High atop Olympus, the air crackled with tension as Percy Jackson stood before the assembly of gods, a somber cloud hanging over the divine gathering. The murmurs of discontent echoed through the marble halls as Zeus, with a regal countenance etched with stern resolve, stepped forward, wielding the authority of the heavens.

"Percy Jackson, your actions have consequences that even the gods cannot overlook," thundered Zeus, his voice resonating with the power of the storm. The other gods, expressions a mix of concern and dissent, exchanged uneasy glances. Even the mighty Poseidon and Athena seemed hesitant to support the severity of Zeus's judgment.

Amidst the divine turmoil, Percy felt the weight of judgment settling upon him. "What have I done wrong?" he muttered to himself as Zeus pronounced his sentence, the words hanging heavy in the charged atmosphere. Confusion and disbelief mingled in his thoughts as the gods' verdict echoed in the hall.

A wave of protests erupted among the gods, a chorus of voices pleading for mercy. Athena's wisdom clashed with Ares's aggression, and even Hermes, the messenger of the gods, attempted to intercede. However, Zeus's gaze silenced them all, and with a resolute nod, he declared, "It is done."

In the heart of Tartarus, where despair reigned, Percy Jackson found himself confronted by a familiar figure amidst the abyss – Zoe Nightshade. At first, her gaze bore hostility, a reflection of the harsh reality of their surroundings. However, recognition sparked in her eyes, transforming her defensive stance into one of disbelief.

"Percy?" she uttered, the name hanging in the air like a fragile thread. As the truth dawned upon her, the hostility melted away, replaced by a mix of relief and astonishment. In a moment that defied the shadows, Zoe threw herself into Percy's arms, bridging the gap between two souls stranded in the abyss.

"Perseus," she whispered, her voice breaking through the silence of Tartarus. The embrace, born from the depths of despair, became a testament to the enduring strength of their connection.

Before the gods cast Percy Jackson into the abyss of Tartarus, they bestowed upon him a cruel gift – partial immortality. A bitter twist of fate meant to prolong his suffering in the depths of despair. As he navigated the inky void alongside Zoe Nightshade, Percy couldn't escape the haunting reality that he was condemned to endure the ages, a mere mortal granted a lifespan that defied the natural order.

The weight of the gods' decision bore down on Percy, a heavy burden in the already oppressive darkness. It was a reminder that, while he couldn't be killed by the passage of time, he was condemned to witness the eons unfold before him. The gods' twisted mercy, meant to prolong his agony, became an unspoken pact with Tartarus itself.

Yet, as Percy and Zoe faced the challenges of the abyss, the partial immortality also became an unexpected source of strength. In a realm where time seemed to lose its meaning, they found solace in the shared moments that defied the gods' cruel intentions. Together, they ventured into the unfathomable depths, clinging to a bond that transcended the boundaries of mortality, forging a tale of resilience against the backdrop of eternal shadows.