Chapter 15

Slower than usual. Sorry.

As they traversed the winding corridors of the ancient temple, Aria's mind buzzed with questions, each one vying for her attention. She stole a glance at her father, Percy, whose sea-green eyes seemed to hold a depth of wisdom that extended far beyond his years. There was a comforting familiarity in his presence, a sense of security that eased the turmoil churning within her.

"Dad?" Aria's voice cut through the silence, tentative yet determined. Percy turned to her, his expression a mix of concern and unwavering support. "Yes, Aria?" he responded, his voice gentle yet tinged with the weight of their shared burden.

"What did you see in the convergence room?" Aria's question hung in the air, laden with a curiosity born from a desire to understand the complexities of their journey. She knew that her father had faced countless trials and tribulations, and she hoped that his experiences might offer some insight into the visions she had witnessed.

Percy paused, his gaze drifting to the floor as he searched for the right words. "I saw my life," he began, his voice tinged with a hint of nostalgia. "The joys, the sorrows... every moment etched into my memory. And then, I glimpsed the future. It was fleeting, like a whisper on the wind, but I felt... resolve."

Aria nodded, absorbing his words with a sense of reverence. She could sense the weight of his experiences, the burden of responsibility that he carried as a hero and a father. "Anything else?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Percy's eyes softened as he met her gaze, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "I saw you, Aria," he admitted, his voice filled with pride. "I saw the strength and courage that you possess, the light that shines within you even in the darkest of times. You are destined for great things, my dear."

Aria felt a surge of warmth blossom in her chest, her father's words wrapping around her like a protective embrace. She had always looked up to him, admired his unwavering resolve and unyielding determination. And now, as they stood on the precipice of an uncertain future, she found solace in the knowledge that they would face whatever challenges awaited them together.

But amidst the comfort of her father's reassurance, a nagging doubt lingered in the back of Aria's mind. She knew that she couldn't ignore the visions that had plagued her in the convergence room, the fragmented glimpses of a future fraught with danger and uncertainty.

"Dad," Aria began, her voice hesitant as she struggled to find the right words. "I... I saw something in the convergence room too. Visions of the future, I think. But they all revolved around someone named Tethys."

Percy's brow furrowed in concern as he processed her words, the name stirring a distant memory buried deep within his subconscious. "Tethys," he murmured, the name resonating through the corridors of his mind. "I've heard that name before... but I can't quite place it."

Just then, Zoe emerged from the shadows, her presence commanding attention as she joined the conversation. "Tethys," she echoed, her voice carrying a weight of solemnity. "She is a Titaness, wife of Oceanus, and the embodiment of the sea."

Aria's eyes widened in realization as Zoe's words sank in. "But why would she be appearing in our visions?" she questioned, her mind racing with possibilities.

Zoe's expression darkened as she recounted the ancient tale. "It's because of us, Aria," she explained, her voice tinged with regret. "You see, Percy and I were instrumental in her husband's defeat, forcing him to reform for the next hundred years. Tethys seeks revenge, and she will stop at nothing to achieve it."

Percy's jaw tightened at the revelation, his thoughts consumed by the implications of their actions. "We must tread carefully," he warned, his voice tinged with urgency. "Tethys is a formidable opponent, especially since she is enraged. Even more capable than the pit itself at her best."