𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏. 𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠...

They wouldn't suspect that they'd ever meet each other. They didn't suspect that they'd die together either.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

In the cold rainy streets of London, in 1895, the clouds covered the sky, and no light had shined except for the lamp posts and the dim light of windows.

A few people walked on the street, as night fell over the city. But one person stood out among these few.

Walking through the streets, soaked to the bone, was a girl. She covered herself in a thick black coat and had a hat that was a bit too big for her.

Laughter was heard from a building in front of her, and she slowly approached it, peaking in through the door. She saw a quick flash of light, and became startled. She opened the door slowly, and stepped inside the building. It turned out to be an inn, and a full one at that.

There was a crowd of common folk, almost all of them were magics. The girl stepped through them, but as she did, she saw a man in the middle of the crowd. He was dressed oddly for the time, with a dark red tail coat and a top hat, he looked like the ring leader of a circus! He also had eye makeup, and a face that charmed people.

Flashy orbs of light zipped around the room at a quick pace, as the strange man pulled out some cards and performed tricks for the crowd. Making cards disappear and reappear at command, the people went wild. The stranger laughed a rather hearty laugh, and took his hat off and bowed. The orbs of light zipped around one final time then went right into his hat, as he put it back on with a confident smile.

The crowd applauded, as whistles and cheers were heard through out the room.

The girl was amused, and entranced by the use of magic. She had to have a word with this man.

"You think that's cool? It's just a few tricks that this guy performs on the regular." A deep feminine voice spoke behind the girl. She turned around to find a more mature woman standing there. The mature woman had dark purple hair, almost black. Her eyes were dark and had a certain mystique to them.

The girl stuttered, trying to remember what to say to another magical individual.

"What's wrong? Never seen a werecat before?" The woman chuckled. "I'm Anastasia, but my folks call me Nala. Whom might you be?" She seemed to have an American accent.

The girl held out her hand to shake Anastasia's. "I-I am, Alexandria." She stated, "I-I have just arrived here, in London. It is a mighty fine city."

"Oh yeah? Where from?" The woman inquired curiously. 

Alexandria looked away, it seemed she did not want to talk about her roots at the moment. Just as she looked up, she saw the magic man from earlier walking towards her.
"Ahh! Nala, my good friend and best client! How are you on this rainy night?" He spoke, his voice flamboyant yet calm, as he grasped Anastasia's hand and leaned down to kiss it.

She chuckled, "Do not flatter me Mr. Hamilton, I am in no place to require my hand being kissed. Nor do I require formalities." 

He laughed, and smiled. "How many times have I told you? Just call me Jarvis." he then looked at Alexandria, who was still soaked to the bone, water dripped onto the floor.

"And who is this little foreign flower? I don't suppose I've seen her around here." Jarvis asked, leaning in close to Alexandria. Anastasia placed her hands on Alexandria's shoulders. "She is Alexandria, apparently. That's all she will muster out of that mouth of hers."

Jarvis stood up straight and looked at the woman, confused. "You mean Alexandria, as in the library?"

She nodded her head.