𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐, 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞

Now it shall come as no surprise that this story has tales of all kinds of creatures. We have angels, demons, merfolk, lycans, you name it.

It shall also come as no surprise that our lovely main cast gets tangled up in many misadventures as these chapters progress. New friends come, old friends go. Enemies, lovers, family, etc.

And they get to see some unexpected sights. This chapter is how they met one of their most beloved friends.

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Two whole years had passed, but it felt like only seasons. The year was now 1887. Anastasia and Alexandria continued to stay together, a sisterly bond growing between them. Jarvis and Luka had a similar brotherly bond, but Jarvis had yet to take the boy in.

The four individuals were lounging about the hat shop, after closing hours. A few candles lit the dark room, as Anastasia hummed quietly.

"Alright, and that is the final order of the day." Jarvis declared, setting a hat into it's box and wrapping it up. "Now I can finally put my hands to rest."

Luka peaked at the mauve colored box, smiling. "It's quite pretty!" He remarked. 

Alexandria had fallen asleep in a chair, curled up like an actual cat. Anastasia covered her with her coat, then looked over at Jarvis. "You've been very tired lately, care to explain why? And don't tell me it's because of the piling orders."

Jarvis sighed. "Well, honestly, something has been bearing its sharp teeth at me. Like it's biting up at me, and I cannot be rid of it." he ran his fingers through his golden hair. "You know about portals, Miss Nala?"

Luka's interest was caught rather quickly, as he stood next to Alexandria, listening in on the two adults talking.

"Yes, not fondly but I know of them. That's...strong sorcery though, Jarvis. Why do you inquire about it?" Anastasia replied, raising her brow at the man.

He looked at her with his tired eyes. "I have discovered a portal that keeps opening in the same place at almost the same time. If you could, I would like for you to see what it's...all about. And take the girl and boy with you."

Anastasia immediately wanted to protest, but Jarvis held his hand up. "I know you fear for their safety, but please, they shall be fine. No unknown entities or monsters have passed through this area in almost a year. They will be fine, as will you."

Anastasia murmured under her breath. "Easy for you to say. You don't have a dark counterpart running around here."

Jarvis heard her, but decided to ignore it. "Now, I'll be heading up to bed. Close the door on your way out, and please do not touch anything," he looked straight at Luka, who was about to try on a black top hat. Jarvis narrowed his eyes. "Especially you, little Luka."

Luka sighed, "fine fine fine..." he retracted his hands and put them in his pockets. Anastasia chuckled, watching Jarvis leave the room. Alexandria woke up from her slumber, and rubbed her sleepy eyes. "Is the...party over?"

Anastasia chuckled, picking the girl up out of the chair. "What party?" She asked, thinking Alexandria had a nice dream.
But, Alexandria's face turned from a tired smile to a saddened expression, as Anastasia set her down on her feet.
"No party, just dream.."

Luka looked up at Anastasia, "What were you and Mr. Hamilton talking about? Are we going on an adventure?" the boy asked, seeming excited.

"Oh dear, um...." Anastasia looked away, unsure how to politely say 'I don't want you kids to get involved'. She caved to her own thoughts and sighed. "I do not want either of you coming with me. It's dangerous, and you're both just children."