𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑, 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐬

Over the next few days, letters kept coming in via bird in the window. Anastasia would rush to receive them, feeling her heart beat faster as her delight became evident to Alexandria, who watched her friend tumble with joy over a simple letter.

One day while Alexandria swept the floor, she decided to inquire about the contents of the letters, but in a more sarcastic way.

"Wow, does Herr Riku plan on courting you? Or does he plan on sending letters like some scandalous Gods' forsaken bastard." she scoffed.
This struck a sudden nerve with Anastasia. She turned to the woman with a curiously offended stare. "Excuse me? That is highly unlike you."

Alexandria simply did not respond, her ears folding back as she continued to sweep the floor. The icicles outside the window momentarily stole her attention.

"I have no idea why you dislike Riku, he has done nothing bad to us!" Anastasia said.

"Yes but he hasn't done anything good either." Alexandria responded, and suddenly the two women heard the cawing of a crow, as it taps on the window.

Anastasia looked puzzled, as Alexandria opened the window. "That's certainly odd," she remarked "Herr Riku sent a letter today. Who else could be sending a message?"

She looked at the name, or rather, the names written on the envelope. There was a name that read "Thomas Macarthur" and a small note in the left corner reading "courtesy of Jarvis Hamilton".

Anastasia adjusted her gown and stared at the letter. "Whom might this 'Thomas Macarthur' be?? I bet he's a well off fellow considering the fact that Jarvis sent this letter."

"How did you even meet Herr Jarvis?" She looked up at Anastasia.

Anastasia sighed, and then she let out a chuckle as she observed the snow outside.
"I cannot say for sure, for I have simply forgotten. We were apart of a group not too long ago, the group consisting of me and Jarvis along with...Lucinda." her tone became shaky at the end, as she looked away.

Alexandria looked worried, putting a hand on the woman's shoulder. "Nala, who's Lu-"

"Anyways, what does the letter say? You must rush, open it!" Anastasia's demeanor changed as fast as a lightening strike, her enthusiasm seeping from the glow on her face. Completely different from just a few seconds.

Alexandria wished to protest, but she gave in, resting her shoulders and opening the letter. She then paused, "I can't read this, the handwriting is too fancy, and my English is terrible". Anastasia sighed, taking the letter. Reading it out loud, the letter said:

"My dearest friends, Nala and Alexandria.
I have very good news! A new associate of mine has invited the people of our lane to a dinner party, and on this lane includes you two! Unfortunately, I cannot attend, and Luka cannot either. But an older man, Riku, shall be in attendance alongside you. Along with a few others you do not know yet. But it would be good to be there, to elevate your statuses. He is a human, and a non-magic, so tread carefully. The dinner party will be on the last Sunday of January. Have fun girls!"
-J.H.

Alexandria felt elated, as she starting to happily jump up and down. "Yes!! Our first real party!!"
Anastasia smiled, pocketing the letter. "Now now Alexandria, you are a lady, act like it."

She stopped jumping, but grinned widely. "Sorry, sorry! I'm just so excited! Oh gosh, what will we WEAR??" she asked, suddenly throwing herself into an anxious and antsy mess. "We'll get to meet new people, and this Herr McArthur sounds like a very popular man." 

Anastasia chuckled, "Well I've got a few dresses that might suit. Let's go try them on yes?"

-ˏˋ♥̩͙♥̩̩̥͙♥̩̥̩ ⑅-ˏˋ♥̩͙♥̩̩̥͙♥̩̥̩ ⑅-ˏˋ♥̩͙♥̩̩̥͙♥̩̥̩ ⑅-ˏˋ♥̩͙♥̩̩̥͙♥̩̥̩ ⑅