chapter 1- the birth of the strong girl

read the description <3  happy reading

Harwin gently guided his wife, Lady Annabeth, back to bed, insisting, "My dear, you really should be getting some rest."

She groaned in agony, struggling to walk as the pain intensified. Leaning on her husband for support, they slowly made their way back to bed, her wobbling steps echoing in the room.

Harwin made sure his dear wife was cozy in their bed, arranging the cushions and carefully tucking the bedcovers around her.

Annabeth smiled as she watched her husband gently pat her forehead with the damp towel, remarking, "This little one is already quite the strong babe." She then leaned back, feeling grateful for the care and support surrounding her.

Harwin chuckled, "Maybe one day they'll become a better knight than me," as he reached for the towel once more.

Annabeth let out a soft chuckle as Harwin muttered, "Princess Rhaenyra gave birth to a son a few days back," his gaze downcast with shame. .

Harwin and his wife married around the same time the princess Rhaenyra and ser leanor were wed. After Harwin and Annabeth where married for a year and still no heir was born for the happy couple this made Annabeth feel like she was failing Harwin by him not being able to have any children, so she came up with a plan that would maybe help everyone.

she and Rhaenyra were friends for many years along with queen Alicent, they where a l trio never leaving each others sides and there parents said they where a pack of dragons always defending and helping each other. until the strain begun between Alicent and Rhaenyra but she remains friends with both of them and tried to get them to work out there problems but to no avail.

lady Annabeth exchanged ravens with Rhaenyra and she knew about the problem Rhaenyra and leanor were having with conceiving a child. so she and Rhaenyra devised a plan that would help everyone in the confusing predicament.

Rhaenyra and leanor would have there heirs,

Ser Harwin would have children of his own blood,

everyone agreed to this arrangement, but Harwin he did not want to, he felt as to he was betraying his wife and committing treason by fathering Bastards. but Annabeth managed to convince him it was the best arrangement to solve the problems they where all facing. but when lady Annabeth fell pregnant a few weeks after Rhaenyra did everyone was overjoyed but deep down they knew how everything could go wrong, how they and the children could be put to the sord.

_______

As the silence grew more uncomfortable, Lady Annabeth felt a sudden jolt of excruciating pain coursing through her entire being, forcing her to jolt upright and cry out for the midwives. Harwin stood helplessly, his presence overshadowed by the swift arrival of the midwives into the room.

With a heavy heart, Harwin witnessed the crimson stain spreading across his bed, while his wife endured excruciating pain, unable to meet his gaze with her closed eyes..

he fell to his knees and prayed he shouted his prayers out loud so the god's could here him, the prayers for his wife and child to live and to forgive him for his sins. He felt as though the gods where punishing him for his treasons

The wails of his wife faded away, leaving behind the sound of weeping midwives.

___________

Harwin rose to his feet, his gaze fixated on his cherished wife who lay motionless on the bed. A gentle smile graced her face, while delicate tears adorned her rosy cheeks. Her nightgown bore the marks of a tragic event, stained with crimson, and her hand tenderly cradled her swollen belly.

he trailed over to her and tucked hair behind her ear and stoked her cheek with his thumb. he felt a darkness like no other, and the last words he spoke to her was about his new bastard son.

The midwives were in tears, consoling one another. Witnessing death is never easy, whether it's on the battlefield of men or the battlefield of women.

one of the midwifes walked over to the grieving Harwin with a babe in her arms.

"Ser, the babe lives" she told resting a gentle hand on his shoulder trying to give him comfort.

he turned his head looking at the midwife who was holding a warm smile on her face.
the ray of light that was burnt out slowly relight itself and he was handed his baby girl, who was the spiting image of her mother, her eyes her hair and her small soft lips.

"did you and my lady pick out a name Ser?" asked a maester 

"No" awnsered Harwin still staring at his daughter, his new purpose for life his new meaning, his true blood.

"my little girl" he stated walking out the room leaving the masters to finish there business

the new lady of house strong.

hope you enjoyed this first chapter, this is my first story on here so let me know of anything I should change or add.

don't forget to comment and vote love you all <3