chapter 5- the red keep

hello so in this some of the ages are mixed up I believe, but It what I need to do for the story

happy reading <3

Upon reaching the gates of the red keep, Harwin's eyes lit up at the sight of his father, princess Rhaenyra, the king, and queen Alicent all beaming with joy. In that moment, all his worries melted away.

As he gracefully descended from his horse, the king approached him with an infectious smile illuminating his face. Although his pace seemed slightly more measured than usual, he appeared to be in robust health.

"Ser Harwin, its a pleasure to see you again." spoke the king, as the princess and the queen folowed swiftly after.

"thank you your grace for allowing me and my daughter a place at the red keep" spoke Harwin smiling at the peaceful king.

"so is this the lady Y/N I've heard so much about" spoke Viserys looking at Y/N

"indeed you grace" spoke Harwin handing his little light to the king.

Rhaenyra walked closer to Harwin with a warm smile on her face.

"aww aren't you just the cutest little thing" spoke Rhaenyra cooing at the baby girl.

"tiss a pleasure to have you back ser Harwin" spoke the queen with a joyful smile on her face.

"now how about we get you settled in" spoke the king handing the babe to queen Alicent.

As they strolled through the corridors, Alicent proudly carried Y/N, introducing her to the lords and ladies who couldn't help but be captivated by her charm.

they made there way trough the halls to the nursery were Aegon, Jace, Aemond and Helena where playing.

Aegon was 3 years of age

Jace was the same age as Y/N just a week older.

Aemond was 1 years of age

and Helena was 2 years of age.

Y/N found themselves seated next to Helena, who was engrossed in playing with a delicate wooden butterfly. Curiosity sparked within Y/N as they observed Helena closely. The young girl possessed a mesmerizing appearance, with long silver locks cascading down and captivating purple eyes. What caught Y/N's attention were the freckles adorning Helena's face, scattered in an intriguing and unique pattern.

Helena grinned at Y/N and extended the toy butterfly she had been playing with. Y/N gazed at the butterfly and then proceeded to put it in her mouth, just like babies often do

one of the carers that where looking after the children took it out of the mouth and scolded her.

Aegon stood up and made his way towards Y/N, clumsily reaching out to pat her head. However, Y/N playfully giggled and decided to give him a playful tap on the head instead of a gentle pat. The young boy's silver hair crackled with static electricity, adding a spark of excitement to the moment..

____________

Harwin came back to the nursery following a leisurely "walk"with Princess Rhaenyra, discovering all the children peacefully snoozing in a cluster on the bed.

With a mischievous giggle, he strolled towards the bed, attempting to coax Y/N away from Helena, Aemond Aegon, and Jace. However, his efforts proved futile. As he gazed upon his beloved daughter and her newfound family, he alone held the knowledge of the hidden secrets surrounding the house of the dragon and the tragic demise of these majestic creatures.