𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏. war discussion

s e r a p h i n a

☽ ☾

Seraphina stepped out of the carriage with the help of a guard, stepping onto a stone-covered ground that led to cobblestone floors before she thanked him and waited for Diana.

She followed out after her, brunette hair a mess from the strong wind as she stepped out and murmured her gratitude to the guard.

He gave the pair a nod, indicating they could make their way inside as the other guards appeared.

Seraphina nudged Diana and headed for the door of the manor, where a large knocker sat on the ebony wood. She pulled at it, hitting it against the door gently three times before she stepped back and looked around at the General's home.

It didn't take long before a girl she recognised as his sister opened the door, staring at the both of them with a passive face.

"Hello," she said, giving her a smile. "I'm—"

"I know who you are. I am Morana. Follow me."

Seraphina and Diana shared a glance, the latter amused, before they walked in after her, their guards trailing behind them a few feet away.

The door slammed shut from the harsh wind, but it offered warmth once the cold disappeared.

Seraphina fixed her windswept hair and straightened her gown, turning to her guards as they continued to walk.

"I will have to discuss private matters with the General and will therefore need to be on my own for most of the visits, so perhaps it would be more efficient and effective for you all if you roamed the perimeter or waited outside the rooms. I remember our secret code, in the case of any trouble arising."

A simple knock on the door, followed by silence for three beats, and then four more knocks.

"Yes, Your Highness," they said, nodding.

That, and Diana coming along, was the only reason they trusted her to be alone.

"Thank you," she replied, giving them a smile.

She continued walking behind Morana, growing mesmerised by the interior of the manor; the design on the dark wallpaper, the chandeliers above her, the carpet rolling across every hallway, the paintings hung around sporadically.

Seraphina wandered the halls at her own pace, brushing her hand on the perfectly wallpapered walls with a look of awe and pure interest on her face.

After living surrounded by only light colours, the darkness was a shocking change—but it was a shock she liked, welcomed.

Diana gasped, gripping her arm. "Look! It's him!" she whisper-exclaimed, eyes wide.

Seraphina looked ahead, at the boy they'd helped long ago. He was walking down the hallway towards them, staring at a jar of paintbrushes in his arms.

"What are you doing here?" Morana sighed.

"I just..." His eyes trailed to the two girls. He grinned. "Hello. Nice to see you again." They both waved, unsure of what to say. "What are you two doing here?"