Chapter 33

"He treats me well. Takes me out and he also buys me stuff" Nunew replied

In reality Nunew wanted to say there's nothing between him and Joss and whatever that was, it's already gone. In the beginning it was just a brief spark of flame that went off with a slight breeze long ago.

"That's good. I am happy for You" Zee said as Nunew could only humm in response.

"Was it worth it losing me and kids?" Nunew asked simply replied

"No" Zee replied

Even after a few days of honesty hour Nunew mind wheels couldn't stop for a minute. He was feeling restless all the time. He was spacing out most of the time, even his children got worried for him. The conversation with Zee was much needed. He got most of his answer from Zee in the most possible honest way and straight from his mouth which affected him alot than he had expected...

Nunew himself knew that it was something very hard for Zee to do but Zee wanted to try again with him, it was enough to stir all kinds of emotion in him and here he was sitting alone in his bedroom still wearing his wedding ring. In reality he never really wanted to let go of Zee even after what he did to him years back . He always wanted to hold on to their years long of relationship and Zee was trying his best to do the same means so much.

It was already midnight and Nunew was holding his wedding ring thinking deeply about what he wanted to do next. He wanted to try with Zee there's no doubt but forgetting and forgiving everything is not possible. He wanted to hold on to Zee close and he was already tired of missing him, his touch and his warmth. Most of the night he couldn't sleep and would think his husband is just right there and he doesn't want anyone but Zee...

Nunew stares at his ring. The inside was engraved 'my love my heart my soul'. He remembered how excited and happy he was when Zee gave him this ring. The ring came from Zee's first paycheck, not much expensive but yet so gorgeous the past year whenever he looked at it hurt him. The ring reminds him of how sad and lonely he was without Zee. Nunew even thought Zee will be enjoying time with his shiny boy toy but for some reason it didn't feel right to him.

Nunew went to his bathroom pulling out the mirror looking at their wedding pictures. He always felt calm, happy and excited looking at the Zee smiling face. He needed to fix their relationship. It's enough for them. He had a man who he had loved for half of his life and he wanted him back. He doesn't know how he's going to do it but Zee is trying his best to make everything right and he cannot say no to that. He still has deep feelings for him...

Nunew didn't know after separation what to do so he had divided his time between work, kids and Nat but now he wants his husband when he is sure if they both try and support each other they can be happy together. He splashed the cold water on his face and the acknowledgement of wanting Zee back in his life slammed hard. He had spent so much time pushing it down and ignoring his feelings of getting back together with Zee but he cannot see his present and future without Zee anymore. He rushed out and immediately called Nat.

"Nu, Jelly is that You my son?" Nat said joking

"Nat You've to stop calling me son we're of the same age". Nunew said

"Jelly I am more experienced than You in the most important area that is handling mens if You don't remember" Nat said as Nunew rolled his eyes the last thing Nunew wanted to imagine .

"Everything good?" Nat asked

"Everyone and everything is doing good" Nunew replied

"I'm glad kids are good, what about you ?" Nat asked as Nunew sigh loudly

"Jelly, what's going on?" Nat asked looking at Nunew face

Nunew told him everything about what happened between him and Zee. He wasn't hiding from him but he is out on a trip and Nunew wanted to tell him face to face but he can't wait any longer. Nat listens to everything quietly and nods in understanding..

"So now You and Zee agreed to be friends and I guess that's not enough". Nat asks as Nunew sighs again and nods his head.

"Have you forgiven him?" Nat asked again

"I totally haven't. I had to sort out my thoughts before I consider it and this is what I have to do it myself if it's get hard for me I'll try to talk to this therapist" Nunew replied as Nat agreed

"Did you ask Joss if he is the one still sending you flowers?" Nat asked

"No I don't think he is the one" Nunew replied

"Look at you going to break everybody's heart for that Hia" Nat teases back and Nunew knows Nat is not the biggest fan of Zee.

"Anyways I think You should discuss this with Zee itself. The whole thing started with lack of communication. You should meet and talk things out together. He's also a father of your children". Nat said as Nunew agreed and decided to sort out his thoughts first but two days passed and he didn't even know where he should begin with.

Third day Nunew decided to finish off some of his work and while he was reading a book there was a question he came across and it directly hit him hard "If You love him that much... How the bloody hell do you both end there?". This question got Nunew to think and think replying to all the scenes where Zee kept saying to him. He failed as a husband. He took away something that Nunew loved and he also said that he took away something which made him happy...

Nunew sighs and remembers the days when Mimi was only three. Most of the things Nunew had let go back then. He used to fall asleep in random places around the house. One time he fell asleep leaning on the microwave. Each time he added any ibook to read he got excited but hardly read past the excerpt and wasn't able to read further. He had to take care of her all the time and there was no time left to look through the couple of pages.

That time Zee used to drop kids to school and most of the days after work he also let Nunew sit on the counter and he would cook dinner for everyone, sometimes cracking horrible jokes on which Nunew giggles. He let out a choked whimper and suddenly remembered the email he kept staring about the manuscript work he got and was sobbing for days and nights. Never in his life Win had thought his little actions would take them to this point.