Nearly Home - vampire!Gerard x human!Reader

vampire!Gerard feeds from human!Reader on the train.

Naturally, I have to offer a blood warning to those who need it. It's not full-on, just that blood is mentioned.

(Y/n) gazed at her reflection in the black window. Outside, beyond the stark yellow lights of the train's interior, colourful city lights whirred by, contrasting greatly against the dark night sky. She returned her attention back to Gerard, nuzzling deeper into his cold, hard chest. His black boots were planted firmly on the floor, whilst (y/n)'s feet were tucked underneath her on the blue chair. The two were travelling home from their day in the city. Gerard had offered to carry (y/n) home, but she'd protested: running with him made her sick, and they had extra shopping bags to carry now. The vampire beside her flexed his fingers, cracking his pale knuckles. He pulled (y/n) closer.

"What's the matter, Gee?" (Y/n) asked, sensing a change in his mood.

"Thirsty," Gerard mumbled. "We could've been home by now if I'd ran you there, then I could've gone out hunting."

"Aw, Gerard." (Y/n) sat up. "You should've told me you were in a hurry to go hunting, I would've let you carry me home."

"'S okay," he reassured her. "I'm happy to wait a little longer, as long as I'm with you."

(Y/n) smiled up at her partner, snuggling back into his arms. She tilted her head up towards him once more.

"Could you drink from me now?" she asked in a low voice.

"It's fine, (Y/n)."

"No, here!" (Y/n) repositioned herself in his lap, resting her head on his shoulder. She pulled her hoodie up, concealing her mop of (y/h/c) hair. Gerard buried his face in the crook of her neck, deeply inhaling her sweet scent. His pupils dilated as he began to salivate.

"Don't move," he breathed. "I won't take much."

He kissed her neck gently before sinking his teeth into her soft skin. (Y/n) winced slightly, clenching her jaw. She pulled Gerard closer to her as he silently drank from her neck. He paused to look around them, there was no one else in this part of the train. Gerard growled, returning his attention to his partner's pretty neck. (Y/n)'s whines were barely audible as her vein let down, causing Gerard to swallow an exceptionally large volume of blood with a thick gulping sound.

(Y/n) reached up to Gerard'd neck with a shaky hand, attempting to scratch at his marble skin.

"Gee..." she breathed. "Enough."

She pinched his shoulder. Gerard looked up from her neck, catching her eyes.

"Oh!" Gerard said, wiping his mouth. "I'm sorry, are you hurt?"

(Y/n) shook her head weakly. Gerard kissed her neck one last time, gently manoeuvring himself around her so he could remove his jacket. He draped it over her shoulders, pressing the collar to her neck. (Y/n) pawed at his face, gazing up at him.

"Dizzy," she mumbled.

"I'm sorry, I didn't feel you tap out."

"It's okay," (Y/n) sighed. Gerard reached across her to the backpack that was resting on the chair beside him. He retrieved a tropical juice box, puncturing the foil with the sharp end of the straw. (Y/n) reached out for the juice box, but Gerard shooed her away. He brought the straw up to her lips himself, holding the box for her while she drank from it slowly. Gerard kissed the top of her head, rocking her gently to warm her up.

"I love you," he whispered. "Thankyou for that, I'm sorry I hurt you."

"It's okay!" (Y/n) looked up at him with hazy eyes. "I'm fine. I love you too."

Gerard let (Y/n) finish her drink, holding her close as she drifted off to sleep. He buried his face in her silky hair, holding his breath. How did he find himself a human mate who smelled so appealing? (Y/n) whimpered in her sleep, burying her face in his shirt.

"Nearly home," Gerard muttered. "Love you, (y/n/n)."